SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So DTS was able to instal my 4.56 gear with no problems. The total cost was $715 and well worth it. Any of you guys in the detroit area should definately go to them to get this done. While rolling in first or second gear and mashing the gas I can give one hell of a smoke show. The truck seems so much more responsive and realy pins you back in the seat. Also, the speedometer re-calibrates itself so you don't have to worry about that. IMO this truck should have came with this set up straight from the factory it's a must have. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Who made these gears, and where did you get them from!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
2005 4.56

4.56 Gears are standard equipment for both the STD cab and QUAD cab vehicles.

No speedo recalibration is necessary as the speedo sensor reads off of the Ring Gear and not the Pinion. Remember that the ring gear sees the same revs/mile as the wheel and tire assy.

-toohigh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,891 Posts
toohighpsi said:
4.56 Gears are standard equipment for both the STD cab and QUAD cab vehicles.

No speedo recalibration is necessary as the speedo sensor reads off of the Ring Gear and not the Pinion. Remember that the ring gear sees the same revs/mile as the wheel and tire assy.

-toohigh
cool, so what would we need from Dodge to convert our '04 over to a 4:56?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
no where on my sticekr on the 04 or 05 does it mention the rear end

i was told only the auto QC got the 456

HMMM more mexican help needed i guess


JD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
just looked on the web and in my new manual it says 456


wow that means i can take dad's red one outta the hole but he will run me down on the top end lol


Jamie

hmmmmmmmmm i starting to like the yellow one even more
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,977 Posts
Has it been proven yet, or are we to assume that the 05's, with the 4.56 gears, are still capable of 154.xx MPH?

Not that a give a Flyin' Chit, just wondering. :confused: :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,891 Posts
Hamrhead said:
Has it been proven yet, or are we to assume that the 05's, with the 4.56 gears, are still capable of 154.xx MPH?

Not that a give a Flyin' Chit, just wondering. :confused: :D
hell yeas, that speed was in 5th gear, still one to go. in fact, it would probably go faster, since it wasnt even tached out in 5th when the record was set.,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,494 Posts
BOOMER said:
hell yeas, that speed was in 5th gear, still one to go. in fact, it would probably go faster, since it wasnt even tached out in 5th when the record was set.,
Both trucks will slow way down if you go into 6th. Too much wind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,911 Posts
Ive had these gears in my 04 for 6 months now. Now you guys will know what I was talking about when I said it,s the best seat of the pants mod for less than a grand out there.

There was an article in truckin Mag I think where they tested the quad cab and the Max speed was 147 due to the big fat front end.

Plenty fast for me!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,343 Posts
Roktman said:
Correctamundo guys.That is exactly what Berndan told be this summer when I met him and he signed the truck. Maybe the 4.56 `s will give it more power to overcome the drag.Might not have the HP to overcome the huge front profile of the truck though.Any aeronautical engineers out there? What is the Cd of our trucks ? Gotta be .45 or better I think .
CD = 0.43
Frontal area = 35.8 sq ft
.............................................................Jack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,270 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top