SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what's up fellow SRT10 junkies. I picked up my blacktastic Ram SRT10 on Saturday. It had only 10 miles on it when I pulled it off the lot that afternoon. Today I have got 604. I find myself suddenly thinking up reasons to get in it and drive. I think I have been driving in my sleep. All the things I have needed around the garage and house for so long, I have suddenly gone to the store and stocked up. Could it be the pure driving ecstasy that the truck offers? Maybe it is all the hotties that try to jump in the truck at every stop light? Whatever it is, I have found a new obsession to add to the countless others (dirtbikes and women). I have yet to be obsessed with a performance truck, so I will have plenty of questions. Please be patient with me.

The real reason I am writing is to ask if anyone has put a polished gas tank door on their truck. If anyone has, where did you order it from and what do you think? Post some pictures please (black if you got one). I have looked and havent seen any on the forum yet. (Maybe I am no looking in the right place).

I have ordered the Viper oil cap, dipstick, and license plate and am anxiously waiting for MGW to bring on the Viper truck accessories. It's all about the bells and whistles. I just got the windows tinted yesterday. I am sure it looks good with any color, but with a black truck so fresh and so clean, well, it brings a tear to my eye. I dropped the check in the mail today for the exhaust. The hardest part is going to be the waiting. Oh well, maybe I will circle the block until my exhaust gets here.

By the way, this forum rules. Thanks for the heads up on the possible recall issues. To all that have posted pictures of their mods, nice work and thanks for the ideas and recommendations. I also have all kinds of sick and twisted ideas of how to spend money to make this one sick puppy.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have the polished gas cap

From the dealer, straight out of the catalog -- should be in stock.

Scot

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Welcome! It's good to have another Houston member. Did you pick it up locally? I guess you have seen the picture of the supercharger on the truck. Let us know your plans.

Steve

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Scot!

Thanks for the hometown welcome. Yeah I picked it up at Helfman Dodge on I10. It was their very last truck. I saw the picture of the supercharger. So fresh, so clean. I thought this truck came with all the bells and whistles, but everytime I turn around I see something I want. Time to do some budgeting.

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Welcome! That's funny about looking for excuses to drive it. Even with the price of gas, I still find myself wishing my drive to work was, well, a little
l-o-n-g-e-r! :D

Oh yeah, nice choice on color! ;) :cool:

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Welcome ! I have the polished door from Stylin` Concepts. http://www.stylinconcepts.com/

All the MGW stuff.

Dodge delete on the tailgate(replaces with Viper hood ornaments),Ram delete on doors (replaced with Viper hood ornament),Viper Powered on tailgate under SRT-10,bed mat,black chrome fire extinguisher.

I have had mine two weeks but have been in Vegas for 10 days so I haven`t had time to mod a lot yet. :) Exhaust is next, Spintech Pro Streets with 3 in pipes.

Oh yea ,I am rebuilding the SS motor due to broken crank.That should keep me busy for the next 4-6 weeks huh? :(

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Bortego

I have the same condition except my truck has not arrived yet. I just sit here posting on this forum and others cause I cant sleep!!!!!! And yes I have ordered the exhaust system too. Man is this great or what! I plan on putting those 500 break in miles on this first weekend I have her.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You dont even have your truck yet and you are already a junkie. Look out, it only seems to get worse (actually it gets a whole lot better). lol

It is certainly possible to get over 500 in the first weekend. It is easier than one thinks to get up over 500; however, one must resist the temptation to go beyond the break-in period limitations. That was the hard part for me. I am sure you will let us know when you get your truck and whatcha think.

·
Registered
329 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:
I plan on putting those 500 break in miles on this first weekend I have her.
Are you going to do like 250 laps around the island or what? :D :p

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
srtfirefighter......you are so correct!!!!! It would probably be something close to that. I could leave my house on the westside and head over to the north side drive up the 10'000 foot volcano mountain and back. Five laps of that and she could be broken in. Bad thing is yes maintaining the low rpm.s!!! And all the slow driving tourists! By the way premium unleaded gas.......are you ready $2.82 .......ouch, oh well paradise dont come cheap.

c ya ......patrick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts