SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well 1st time posting so here is my story. I have a friend who purchased a Ram SRT-10 3 months ago. He really dosent know much about cars/trucks he just thought the truck was awesome so he bought it but when it comes to mods he knows nothing so he has me look up things for him. By the way hes had the truck 3 months and hes already on his second clutch so that should tell you something about him. I searched the forum for grills to replace the currnent grill since one is chrome and the other is black/plastic but did not find a thread with the info. I was wondering if anyone makes grills for the SRT-10 that either replaces the OEM or goes over them. Any info? Thanks

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
There are a lot of grills that would fit it but you would have to take off the oem grill.....The basic truck is a dodge ram 1500 which I had a quad cab hemi and put a Carriage Works billit grill on it. Got if from Crutchfield.com cost was about $150 I think.

So did he burn up the clutch cause he's a dummy driver or was it a factory issue?

patrick

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
I purchased a grill from Truckperformance .com. It was a blackchrome version from SS. Suppose to fit the sport grill which is different from the chrome grill. This was going on my Rumblebee and not the SRT-10. Its was poor fitting and it scratch the bottom of the grill surround. I have had the surround repainted and the grill went back to Truckperformance. They treated me pretty bad too for returning it. "It's been used! What are we suppose to do with it?" I told them it didn't fit right and to refund my $$$ or I would tell everyone how they treated me. I got my $$$ but I'm still telling everyone what lousy service and treatment I got. I've bought about $2,500 in accessories from them over the past year for my other trucks. NO MORE! Leave it ALONE!!! It looks great for now. :cool:

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Good point Droopy....why mess with perfection!!!! Ours trucks are friggin beautiful man.........dont mess the the artwork!!! :D Of course the exhaust mods dont count here!! LOL

patrick

·
Registered
301 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:
Good point Droopy....why mess with perfection!!!! Ours trucks are friggin beautiful man.........dont mess the the artwork!!! :D Of course the exhaust mods dont count here!! LOL

patrick

"You are correct Sir" on the exhaust mods. :cool:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am inclined to agree that our trucks are a thing of beauty but one can always improve. I would like to do something with the lower air dam and hood inserts. The hole punch design is fine but I don't particularly care for the black plastic, I think it should match the main grill. Just my .02

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well he did burn the clutch cause hes a dummy he paid $1200 to gt a new one installed. Is there a better clutch he could get you know for next time? He went to the dealer and got it replaced but is there a place where he could get a better one or is the OEM good enough? Also the reason I asked about the grills is because I think the grills should both be chromed. You know how the bottom grill is black? So he was thinking of just buying a set to make them both match. Ill let him know about the sites you guys mentioned.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
wicked1981 said:
Well he did burn the clutch cause hes a dummy he paid $1200 to gt a new one installed. Is there a better clutch he could get you know for next time? He went to the dealer and got it replaced but is there a place where he could get a better one or is the OEM good enough? Also the reason I asked about the grills is because I think the grills should both be chromed. You know how the bottom grill is black? So he was thinking of just buying a set to make them both match. Ill let him know about the sites you guys mentioned.
There are alot of posts in regards to clutch issues on this forum. I can't believe your friend had to pay if the clutch was faulty. I had a simple chatter in mine and they replaced it free of charge under warranty. I did however upgrade to a centerforce dual friction clutch and installed the Viper Slave and master cylinders. Havn't had any problems with the clutch since.

Now if your friend brought the truck in and the rear tires had very little rubber left I can see where the dealer may be hesitant to replace it under warranty. I believe they can actually tell how hard youve driven the truck by hooking up to the computer. Not sure though??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts