SRT10 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased a 2006 Dodge Ram QC SRT 10 with 24K miles. The previous owner had a new stereo and amp installed which caused the airbag light to come on. The code is "satellite/navigation disconnect." Before I purchased it I had him take it to his local Jeep/Dodge dealership for a full evaluation. I was skeptical about why the airbag light was on and I will have a 2400mi drive back to Fl. I talked to the Service Mgr. after the evaluation. He said he actually enjoyed being able to service it and road test it, he's only a seen a couple in his 27yrs of being with Dodge. This guy was a total Dodge freak and you could tell he loved his job. He stated there is absolutely nothing wrong with the airbag system and was so confident he would put it in writing in the notes on the evaluation/receipt. He said this was a common issue. The airbag system is connected/linked to the OEM stereo and the only solution he could think of was finding a new OEM stereo that has been discontinued. The other option is finding a used and/or refurbished OEM Stereo. I'm thinking whoever installed the after-market stereo didn't use the proper wiring harness/connections. Has anyone had a similar problem? I'm all ears people.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: I went to a local 5 star rated car audio shop that's been in our county for 30+yrs. He knew exactly what I was talking about. It's a common issue with Dodge and other makes. Whoever put the after-market stereo in the truck did not use the correct wiring harness which caused the airbag light to go off. I decided to put a whole new head unit in, he used the right wiring harness and no airbag light. It went off after about 25 miles driving it with the new stereo and hasn't come on since.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts