SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone currently insure their trucks or any of their collector vehicles with an insurance company based on "Agreed Value". I am shopping around and have so far only found one that can write this type of policy in Alaska. I would rather insure my YF this way, as it should be less expensive. The company I found is Grundy Worldwide. Anybody heard of them or dealt with them in the past? Any info would be great.

Thanks!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Grundy is well known in the Antique/ Muscle car circles. I was going to go that route, but liked the idea of a local office and Ins rep. I originally had ALFA Ins. They insured my truck sight unseen with only the vin #. When I went in to pay on another policy, stupid me asked them if they actually knew what they had insured, because the rate was GREAT! Only about $50 more per year than the '96 Indy Ram that I had just sold :(
Well to make a long story short, they said that they would not renew on the SRT-10. I looked around and found the best rate with a KNOWN company was Progressive. Exactly DOUBLE what I was paying through ALFA.
But at least I know if there is a claim, they won't cry "FOUL" and reject me.

Sorry for being long winded!!
Later, and Good Luck! :) :) :)

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
Previous truck was a 1999 Dodge 1 ton Cummins. Insurance on the SRT is $140.00 a year cheaper. This is through Progresive. I also paid 40% more for the 1 ton than my wife's 2004 Infiniti FX35. Go figure. It seemed as soon as they heard "1 ton" the rates went through the roof.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Roktman said:
I actually have the Impala insured for agreed value with Allstate.I have 100K in insurance on it for $830.00/yr.
That's what I am looking for :) , do they have limitations on mileage and use? With Grundy, they don't care about mileage as it's a "collector" and they know the mileage will be low and for AV of $50K it's only $700.00 per year, this also includes all your normal coverages as well as medical for car shows and events' This is less than what I pay with State Farm. Maybe I will check and see how much for $100K.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts