SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I programed my new phone to the truck the other day and went to town and everything worked fine. Parked it for a week and when I got back in, it would not work with the truck, Stopped by a dealer and the service mgr. said he thought you had to reprogram the phone to the truck everytime you get in and out. Just does not sound right to me, can anyone lend some adv. or have you had any dealing with it. Thanks :confused:

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
No experiance here, But I will give you a bump ;)

·
Registered
420 Posts
wow, I have no clue about this..... thats something I wouldn't mind reading about!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Going Crazy

This is a pain dealing with this phone in this truck, If any of you have a service man that is knowledgeable about the SRT-10's please post his # and I will be glad to call and ask. My local dealer does not know jack about these trucks. Thnaks

·
Registered
90 Posts
Depending on the phone, you will have to "activate" your bluetooth connection each time you get in the truck. My first bluetooth phone stayed on all the time (the bluetooth connection, that is), but my new one requires my activating it each time.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I don't want to seem stupid here but I guess their is no other way, so here goes. What the hell is a bluetooth phone :confused:

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Thats when your on the cell and grannyu pulls out in front of you while you are doing about 70mph and those big 15'' brakes grab ahold!!!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Titan said:
I don't want to seem stupid here but I guess their is no other way, so here goes. What the hell is a bluetooth phone :confused:
Bluetooth is a wireless technology that wirelessly connects your cell phone to other Bluetooth enabled products, such as a computer, PDA, UConnect (as found in some of our trucks), etc...

·
Registered
249 Posts
stinker said:
Thats when your on the cell and grannyu pulls out in front of you while you are doing about 70mph and those big 15'' brakes grab ahold!!!!!!! :eek:
I liked this explanation better. :D

·
Registered
254 Posts
With my quad cab everytime I get in the truck I just have to activate the bluetooth function on my cell phone. Takes all of a few seconds. I'd check your cell phone's manual to determine how to enable the bluetooth connection.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
budgetco said:
This is a pain dealing with this phone in this truck,

I am with you man.....I hate 35 steps just to do something that should just be automatic..... lame engineering imop!!

Now an exception is pushing the reb button....now that is a pleasureable added step in starting our trucks!!! Is pleasureable even a word???

patrick

·
Registered
6 Posts
Based on a quick review of this thread, my guess is that it's the phone that is the root cause of the problem.

I tested a Bluetooth phone shortly after I got the truck - it worked fine - the truck and the phone found each other as soon as I turned on the key.

The difference, however, is that I programmed the phone so that Bluetooth was always on. The good news is that you didn't need to do anything to get the phone and the truck to synch, the bad part was the phone's battery life sucked.

In the end, Bluetooth wasn't worth the poor battery life and I went back to my old phone.

I hope that this helps.

Have a great week.

SBH

1 - 12 of 12 Posts