SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Definitely on my 'To Do' list. I'm waiting for Unitrax to piece out a kit for our trucks.

From a thread I started a while back:

Thank you for your continued interest into UNITRAX. I have finished my
research on how to perform the ratio change in the 04 SRT truck.
However, I am waiting for Dana Corporation to call me back on the
availability of the ring and pinion set. I will email you as soon as I
hear from the product manager.

Thank you,
Devin B. King
UNITRAX Drivetrain Inc.
Anaheim,CA

--------------

Called these guys today to get an update. He told me Dana would be shipping the gears by mid-September. Then Unitrax will make up a complete kit and figure out a price for it.

Guess I'll call back in a month or so!

9seconds contacted them initially, then I called them about a month ago. Which means it's just about time to ring their phone and bug them again! ;) I may call next week and see what's up.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Land Speed Record?

Now that DC is going with the 4.56 gears I wonder if the 2005 trucks could still do the speed record that the 2004's have set?
Or did they feel all along that this truck needed the 4.56's, and just used the 4.10's just to get that title.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
RPM on the 2004 was just under 5000 rpm @ 154.5. RPM on 2005 will be 550 rpm higher where the Viper engine makes just a few more horsepower. I'd say it will do it, no problem. Maybe slightly faster.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I have read posts about some guys running 5:13 gears, since top speed is not an issue (no place around here to go that fast for that long), will the 5:13 gears add that much more in real street performance?

·
Registered
335 Posts
gears?

I have installed 5.13s,I like the response,seems much quicker,my friend has a stock srt-10ram,so we will have to get it on!!Will let you all know what happens.
Gearhead Bill
04 srt-10ram,magnaflow,5.13s
64 Dodge 330 sedan pro-street,498"
72ply scamp pro-street all alu 470"
94 supraTT
04 FX-35
97 2500 V-10

·
Registered
335 Posts
gears

Were talking 1500-2000 give or take in 6th gear
GEARHEADBILL
04 SRT-10 Blk magnaflow-5.13s
64 dodge330 sedan pro street 498"
72 ply scamp prostreet all alu 470"
fx-35
94 TTsupra
97 2500 v-10

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
9 seconds said:
And their full of crap too! 6th gear is .5 / 1. He would have slowed down in 6th. Viper top speed is in 5th also.
You got that right..................about the crap..............
154.54 MPH in 5th gear calculates to 5054 RPM. This would indicate that top speed is much more restricted by drag vs HP than anything else. 6000 RPM in 5th gear is 180.5 MPH. These trucks are aerodynamic bricks......they have a CD of .43. It takes huge amounts of HP to get high MPH out of these trucks. And they don't have enough to go any faster........................

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Hamrhead said:
Well, stock they don't, but it'd be interesting to see what Craig's TT could do on the Top End! ;) :D
Well speaking of Craig's TT silver truck....when is he getting it back?.....Hennessy has had it since May and I am curious to see how long it takes Craig to demolish the clutch when he gets it back. I think I will start a pool on this, my thoughts on catagories were;

1. Clutch Failure
2. Transmission Failure
3. Rearend Failure
4. Engine Piston Failure
5. 180 MPH
6. The speed of light
7. Complete total
8. He will never get it back
9. Hennessy will keep racing Vipers, winning, and keep it!
10. All of the above

Lets have some feedback/suggestions on the catagories........Lets hear it!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts