SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone traded in a RC on a QC. If so how bad did you get raped on the trade-in. Also how does the QC compare to the RC as far as performance, ride, handling, etc? Also does the QC feel like a much bigger truck?

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Depends on what you call performance, we know have both and I don't think they are nothing alike. The RC is fast and brutal, the QC is a hemi with lots of power, and bad fuel mileage. Ride is good handling is great, interior is superb. But performance wise the QC lacks after you get out of the RC, it is much more refined, but with about 12 or so mpg, at about 2000rpm at 65mph. We didn't trade bought outright, 6 disc no side curtains and 45,200 was invoice, if you try trading in this area you will probably get raped, they just don't sell well here, gastonia still has there 04 RC. If you want to check out Joannes she's not been to the YMCA lately, you'll have to catch her at work in gastonia between 9-5. Down 321 to 74 or Franklin Blvd turn right , got till you see Autozone on right then look for Mason Accounting on right a couple houses up, across from new KFC.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I haven't traded, but I have both. Quad cab rides and handles pretty much like a regular quad cab hemi 2wd. For an automatic it shifts firmer than average, but my preferance would be for a stronger/faster shift still. Cornering doesn't even compare to the two door. Brakes are still great. I traded an AWD quad cab hemi for my srt-10 quad cab and it was a substantial improvement, but there's still a good amount of body roll. Not surprising considering the lack of a rear sway bar. For a daily driver, it's fun.

·
Registered
17 Posts
We're getting out of a QC Hemi 2wd. So by the sounds of things we're not upgrading much. :confused: The Hemi truck is fast, how much faster will the SRT QC be?

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Well she really hasn't "dogged " the QC too much yet. Our Hemi QC was a 2wd with hi flow cats and volant air system with true dual exhaust and hi flow muffler, it was really responsive. But the first time she kicked it she was dissapointed, she said it felt restricted or unresponsive on the bottem end, like the exhaust and the intake had it bound up. After I get my headers, I plan to remove her cats, go with shorty headers, and have a K&N ordered from Womsteer. That should open it up, then plan to go with a VEC 2 or something similar, because like the RC it feels real rich on bottom, we plan to dyno the QC soon, but I think John H. got around 420hp . The VEC 2 gives the RC about 60hp on botom, so it should really help out the QC. You are definitly upgrading, but if they will let you drive it before do it. Just the interior alone is almost worth it, let alone the sound system. Don't get me wrong it has twice the power of the Hemi, Just isn't brutal like the 6 speed.

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
stinker said:
brutal like the 6 speed.
I like the sound of that!

*Off-Topic*
Yesterday the whole family was together for my Grandmother's B-day. The SRT definitely got 'dogged on' by a few cousins. They ALL walked away with BIG Grins on their faces! :D IMO, for me, a Sport Truck has to be a regular cab/short bed. Quick-Shifting Auto's are cool, but the 6 speed really makes it a blast to drive!! :eek: :cool:

Then last night it snowed, so the roads are covered with salt again and the truck is all covered up. :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's a little harder for me. The dealership is 2600 miles away and I don't know of anyone with one that has the paraplegic controls.

I'm relying on you guys basically for all my pointers, thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts