SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at buying a new set of headers for my 04 ram srt-10, would appreciate any feedback on these headers before i buy any, would appreciate any info on any others better header.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Bottom line.

Gibson's are cheap and there is a reason............Jack

·
Registered
621 Posts
fstjack said:
Gibson's are cheap and there is a reason............Jack
So, I take it you would not recommend them? I was thinking about getting a set. If you guys don't approve, I'll find something else. Thanks for the info!!

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
My local tunners were planning on Gibson because the said they had them in stock for the QC. After two weeks it was clear they were not in stock! I will not support vendors who are not truthful.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i appreciate the help, just wanting to find the best without spending $2500 on just the headers

·
Registered
220 Posts
If you are located in LA there are a few custom fabricators who are really good who could probably do a pair for less than $2000.00

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
boomer's headers

hey guys, these are my prototype headers i made for my truck. they are all stainless. they have long tube equal length primarys that merge from 1 5/8 to 1 3/4 to 2" into a 3/2 into 2 into 1 slipon merge collector. if any forum member is interested i can do them in stainless or mid steel to keep cost down. i know i said a long time ago i was working on these, but i have been doing them here at work for about an hour a night, then taking them home to check fitment. very slow process. i just didnt have the room here at our shop when i started working on them, and once i took my stock mainfolds off i couldnt bring the truck in, so it took a while. i will take the camera home tonight and shoot pics of the headers installed. they look really cool installed.

·
Registered
356 Posts
They look great Boomer. How much would you need for a set?

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
71demon said:
They look great Boomer. How much would you need for a set?
i hope i dont get this post pulled, if there is enough interest i will most defintley become a supporting vendor. in mild steel i would do them for about $1700, & stainless for about $2000, now i need to check with some tubing suppliers and get a cost nailed down so i can help everyone out. the flanges i cut on my cnc (pictured in background) and it is all tig welded together using mil spec stainless rod.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm interested. Don't have the cash right now, but when I get it I could even come down to your shop and pick em up.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
SRTFirefighter said:
I'm interested. Don't have the cash right now, but when I get it I could even come down to your shop and pick em up.
sounds good, we are only 2.5 hrs south, or 1hr by srt!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Oh I know!! I might be down there March 12. The SRT-4 guys are having a dyno day at Total Performance. I'll give ya a shout as the day gets closer.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
SRTFirefighter said:
Oh I know!! I might be down there March 12. The SRT-4 guys are having a dyno day at Total Performance. I'll give ya a shout as the day gets closer.
yeah, that is 3 blocks from my shop, that is the dyno i am using now until August when i get mine. that is when my motorcycle dyno will be paid for.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts