SRT10 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at buying a new set of headers for my 04 ram srt-10, would appreciate any feedback on these headers before i buy any, would appreciate any info on any others better header.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Bottom line.

Gibson's are cheap and there is a reason............Jack

·
Registered
621 Posts
fstjack said:
Gibson's are cheap and there is a reason............Jack
So, I take it you would not recommend them? I was thinking about getting a set. If you guys don't approve, I'll find something else. Thanks for the info!!

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i appreciate the help, just wanting to find the best without spending $2500 on just the headers

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
boomer's headers

hey guys, these are my prototype headers i made for my truck. they are all stainless. they have long tube equal length primarys that merge from 1 5/8 to 1 3/4 to 2" into a 3/2 into 2 into 1 slipon merge collector. if any forum member is interested i can do them in stainless or mid steel to keep cost down. i know i said a long time ago i was working on these, but i have been doing them here at work for about an hour a night, then taking them home to check fitment. very slow process. i just didnt have the room here at our shop when i started working on them, and once i took my stock mainfolds off i couldnt bring the truck in, so it took a while. i will take the camera home tonight and shoot pics of the headers installed. they look really cool installed.

·
Registered
356 Posts
They look great Boomer. How much would you need for a set?

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
71demon said:
They look great Boomer. How much would you need for a set?
i hope i dont get this post pulled, if there is enough interest i will most defintley become a supporting vendor. in mild steel i would do them for about $1700, & stainless for about $2000, now i need to check with some tubing suppliers and get a cost nailed down so i can help everyone out. the flanges i cut on my cnc (pictured in background) and it is all tig welded together using mil spec stainless rod.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Oh I know!! I might be down there March 12. The SRT-4 guys are having a dyno day at Total Performance. I'll give ya a shout as the day gets closer.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
SRTFirefighter said:
Oh I know!! I might be down there March 12. The SRT-4 guys are having a dyno day at Total Performance. I'll give ya a shout as the day gets closer.
yeah, that is 3 blocks from my shop, that is the dyno i am using now until August when i get mine. that is when my motorcycle dyno will be paid for.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.