SRT10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was the quad cab SRT-10 equipped with an automatic transmission because it simply shouldn't have a manual transmission, because of the massive drive shaft length? I had a T56 installed in my SRT-10, and had vibration occur around 100MPH. But, if I'd blow past that it smoothed out around 110 or 115 and roared. Eventually the input shaft bent slightly, a tooth was lost, & the input housing developed a fracture. I then had tick performance give me an upgrade (T6060), which fit much better and tighter than the T56, but upon break-in and a slow acceleration to 100MPH the vibration still exists. I can elaborate, but I just wanted to post this and see if anyone has had any experience with this issue. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Was the quad cab SRT-10 equipped with an automatic transmission because it simply shouldn't have a manual transmission, because of the massive drive shaft length? I had a T56 installed in my SRT-10, and had vibration occur around 100MPH. But, if I'd blow past that it smoothed out around 110 or 115 and roared. Eventually the input shaft bent slightly, a tooth was lost, & the input housing developed a fracture. I then had tick performance give me an upgrade (T6060), which fit much better and tighter than the T56, but upon break-in and a slow acceleration to 100MPH the vibration still exists. I can elaborate, but I just wanted to post this and see if anyone has had any experience with this issue. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Do you still have your Throttle Valve Cable? I need one and will purchase it if you still have it and its in good condition.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My understanding is the single aluminum shaft is just too big for the rpms.
I've heard that a CF shaft doesn't vibrate but haven't done the conversion yet myself
Don't see how though if it's balanced correctly. I have a custom aluminum one piece shaft in my 1500 quad cab (I put a D60 in it) and I don't get any vibration through 130.

·
Registered
05 RC YF Paxton / 05 QC NA
33 Posts
Don't see how though if ti's balanced correctly. I have a custom aluminum one piece shaft in my 1500 quad cab (I put a D60 in it) and I don't get any vibration through 130.
Whats a D60? Dana? Thats whats in a srt10.
My qc has a 1 piece also with no problems.
The t56 is so short that the longer 5 in diameter shaft for it in a qc causes it to loop instead of spin. It cant be balanced correctly at higher speed
The cf shaft is only 4 in diameter

·
Registered
20 Posts
Whats a D60? Dana? Thats whats in a srt10.
My qc has a 1 piece also with no problems.
The t56 is so short that the longer 5 in diameter shaft for it in a qc causes it to loop instead of spin. It cant be balanced correctly at higher speed
The cf shaft is only 4 in diameter
Yes I know. I took one from a 2005 SRT Quad Cab and put it in my Lonestar because it was cheap, got me 4.56's and LSD instantly and stronger than the 9¼ it came with lol. Needed the custom shaft to mate the RFE to the D60. My driveshaft is 5" x 75.5" u-joint to u-joint. What's the shaft length in a T56 swapped QC? Or what's the trans length? I expect it to be shorter but by how much?

·
Registered
05 RC YF Paxton / 05 QC NA
33 Posts
Yes I know. I took one from a 2005 SRT Quad Cab and put it in my Lonestar because it was cheap, got me 4.56's and LSD instantly and stronger than the 9¼ it came with lol. Needed the custom shaft to mate the RFE to the D60. My driveshaft is 5" x 75.5" u-joint to u-joint. What's the shaft length in a T56 swapped QC? Or what's the trans length? I expect it to be shorter but by how much?
Off the top of my head I'm gonna say 18 inches. Trucks too low to get under.
But qc is 1.5 feet longer than a rc from the back of the block to the rear axle and the t56 is already shorter than the 48re.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts