SRT10 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Can anyone suggest where to get the carbon fiber driveshaft from? And, would anyone want my aluminum driveshaft? I'd do a fare price. I just wanna try and easy the pain from the cost of the swap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Why would a carbon driveshaft fix the issue? Is there any confirmation of this? Seems the first step is check pinion angle. 3 degrees with pinion and trans output parallel is supposed to be ideal. Mine is pretty low so I need to get it up in the air level with weight on the suspension to check mine (hoping to do it the next warm day).

·
Registered
05 RC YF Paxton / 05 QC NA
83 Posts
Why would a carbon driveshaft fix the issue? Is there any confirmation of this? Seems the first step is check pinion angle. 3 degrees with pinion and trans output parallel is supposed to be ideal. Mine is pretty low so I need to get it up in the air level with weight on the suspension to check mine (hoping to do it the next warm day).
CF is smaller diameter than aluminum so it can spin faster before it gets to the vibration (if it ever does).
Think aluminum is like an pig on a rotisserie, CF is like a squirrel on a rotisserie. Which one spins easier?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts