SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is any one with a quad cab having problems with their transmission? :confused: I know that the shift points suck and all that, but mine has been slipping constantly. Going from reverse to drive, the engine races way past 1000 rpm before sticking. Not even 2000 miles on the truck... :mad:

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
6 spd. here, But that doesn't sound good!! I would bring it in ASAP :mad:

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
That sucks!!! Thats why I gotta have the manual tranny.

patrick

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:
That sucks!!! Thats why I gotta have the manual tranny.

patrick
Ouch, Thats rubbing salt in an open wound Patrick! LOL :D

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
I didnt mean it in a bad way :confused: I just had a hemi qc and hated that slow ass tranny.....thats why I had to get a manual tranny...

srt qc, your problem might be able to be fixed with a tranny flash, it sounds computor related.

patrick

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:
I didnt mean it in a bad way :confused: I just had a hemi qc and hated that slow ass tranny.....thats why I had to get a manual tranny...

srt qc, your problem might be able to be fixed with a tranny flash, it sounds computor related.

patrick
I know you weren't its my twisted sense of humor!! LOL

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Milo55 said:
I know you weren't its my twisted sense of humor!! LOL
That and that nor easter blowing nonstop!!!!!! Going to meet Boomer tonight for a drink....temps about 80 and brezzy :p

patrick

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:
That and that nor easter blowing nonstop!!!!!! Going to meet Boomer tonight for a drink....temps about 80 and brezzy :p

patrick

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR, Why do I stay here! :confused:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Milo55 said:
6 spd. here, But that doesn't sound good!! I would bring it in ASAP :mad:
It's definitly getting worse now...was going to bring it in tomrrow, but its going to snow about 12 inches, so i'm not sure when i'll be able to bring it in. It just annoys me how a brand new truck has stupid problems like this. Hey Maui, 80 degrees is pretty nice, huh? :mad: lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
there is a member named tomato on here that had problems with a tranny shifting slow. he found an adjustment. You may want to search for it and try it out yourself before you hand over your truck to a (gasp) dealer.

·
Registered
974 Posts
SRT QC said:
It's definitly getting worse now...was going to bring it in tomrrow, but its going to snow about 12 inches, so i'm not sure when i'll be able to bring it in. It just annoys me how a brand new truck has stupid problems like this. Hey Maui, 80 degrees is pretty nice, huh? :mad: lol
Sounds like it's low on transmission fluid. Have you checked it? Be sure the tuck is level and running at normal operating tempature.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts