SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Near Utica, MI today, I saw what appeared to be an engineering development Ram SRT-10, but it had an auto tranny. Take a look...

Attachments

·
Registered
599 Posts
where exactly did you see this?
I'll run down or send a friend that lives over there take a few more pictures.
try to peek under the hood and under the body.... try to determine what is in it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was in near a Panera Bread and Great Indoors Outlet. I'm sure it's gone now. This was around lunchtime today. I tried peeking around a bit, but I had nice clothes on and didn't want to crawl under it. It did seem to have a slightly different exhaust note than a typical V8 Ram, so it could have been a V10. Although I don't often hear V10's so I can't be sure.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It doesn't have the right hood, but has the right exhaust for an SRT. If it is the SRT, look at the tow connections at back.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
While John Fernandez was the head of PVO he told me that the trucks would be 6-speeds first with automatics later. I won't swear by it because I know things change. I'll be sure and ask PVO this weekend at the SRT-4 nationals.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Last year there were lots of pics on the web of the quad cab automatic SRT-10. It had all the SRT-10 body work but on a quad cab, and had lots of underhood shots of the v-10. It also obviously had the automatic. All the other details were there like the start button. They have long planned on the Quad Cab SRT-10, those pics last summer were taken by somebody who does electronics work for the PVO team and were removed off all the web sites at request of DC.

·
Registered
80 Posts
It looks like someone took the bumpers, and exaust, stuck them on a quad cab ram. Those are 22inch rims, but look how high it is sitting compared to the srt-10. I would guess it doesn't have the suspension like the srt-10 does. How come no picks under the hood? That would be the easiest way to tell.

Those are the seats, but keep in mind I know several hemi owners are buying srt-10 parts like the bumpers, seats, and hood. So there is going to be a lot of clones out there. Dodge dealerships are bad for slaping on things like this and trying to flog them as the real thing. When I had my 98 ss/t in 99 I saw many ss/t clones when I know for a fact no ss/t's were made after 98. ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
It's the real deal. The guy that drives it lives next to my dads house on 24Mile and Shelby rd. He had it last summer and it does infact have a Viper drivetrain.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hersbird said:
Last year there were lots of pics on the web of the quad cab automatic SRT-10. It had all the SRT-10 body work but on a quad cab, and had lots of underhood shots of the v-10. It also obviously had the automatic. All the other details were there like the start button. They have long planned on the Quad Cab SRT-10, those pics last summer were taken by somebody who does electronics work for the PVO team and were removed off all the web sites at request of DC.
Yup, I had some posted on a site as well and politely asked to take them down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts