SRT10 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
IMO, I don't think too many of us can be all that helpful to you, as part of the reason we love these trucks so much IS the manual transmission. Hell, if DC made it a manual from the factory, I'd probably still own a Lightning. Well, maybe. ;)

'Super-Improved with paddle shifters'?? - Like you said, ' to each his own', but IMO letting a computer do the shifting takes some of the 'sport' out of the vehicle. There's nothing like grabbing your own gears! :cool:

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Vegas-viper-ram said:
youll be sorry. Bought a 2000 L brand new. Racked up 84000 miles before I traded it for a silver SRT-10 ram. I now have almost 9,000 miles on my ram. I noticed almost right away how sluggish the ram is. I JUST had my recall finished today, and didnt do a thing for the trucks performance. I did mention to the service guy my feelings about the weak performance, and of course I knew what the answer was going to be " truck drives fine". I keep waiting for the engine to come alive. I am in it 50K deep so I have to live with this. If I knew what I know now, there is NO WAY I would have traded my L. Im gonna make a few payments, and then trade is back for an L, and they can keep this hunk of ****. I know you guys will flame me for saying this crap, but what is true is true. I dont make too many BAD choices, but this was one of them. Happy with appearace, interior, comfort, stereo, very dependable, will get me from A-B, performance, and gas milage is HORRIBLE! , and that is compared to my L. BTW my L was bone stock with 360hp :(
Dude,

I don't know what to tell you. I also had a '99 Lightning which I purchased new and put 36K on. I had a pulley, air filter, and a set of Magnaflow's on an otherwise stock truck. It went from 13.70's at 99 stock, to 13.20's at 103 with those couple mods, which ain't bad IMO.

My Ram now has 1,600 miles on it, and while I haven't run it at the strip yet, SOTP tells me it is faster than my L ever was. Obviously launching and shifting will make a big difference in ET, but I think the MPH will be more than 103 for sure! Right now though our weather positively SUCKS - humid as hell every day, so I won't be going to the track until Fall most likely. I will say that I *think* the truck is running even stronger now than it was 500 miles ago. Breaking in maybe?? Maybe I'm just dreaming?? I don't know.

Gas mileage certainly isn't great, but IF I can control myself, :rolleyes: , I can get over 13 on my route back and forth to work. I could only ever manage 14.5 or so with my L on the same route, so I really can't complain. To be honest, I'm pretty damn happy that I'm doing so much better than the 9mpg that was on the window sticker!

I would suggest taking it to a dyno and see what kind of power it is really making compared to other trucks? Can't hurt.

IF it really is down on power like you say, I guess I can't blame you for being pissed off after dropping 50K for the truck. Maybe just sit back and wait for the Gen3 Lightning? Not sure if I'll be getting one as it depends how this truck treats me, but I will be looking at them. :cool:

Hope things work out for you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.