SRT10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Pesto360 said:
Hows this sound..Ive done some homework but not sure if Im there yet.... it seems the diesel transmission can handle the torque , the 48re...if not how about the auto trannys that went behind the truck v10, those made 450ft lbs.Im sure with that as a startung block a good tranny shop can beef that up...and if its the same basic block Im sure it should all bolt on...any ideas?

Personally, I think putting an automatic on RAM SRT/10 is just plain wrong, that is just my opinion. I personally love getting into the truck. Grabbing that gear shift, and smokin the tires in 1st and 2nd. I drive it WOT 90% of the time, surpassed 6,000 miles over the weekend. The truck rocks, plain an simple. Automatics are for sissies.. ;)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hamrhead said:
IMO, I don't think too many of us can be all that helpful to you, as part of the reason we love these trucks so much IS the manual transmission. Hell, if DC made it a manual from the factory, I'd probably still own a Lightning. Well, maybe. ;)

'Super-Improved with paddle shifters'?? - Like you said, ' to each his own', but IMO letting a computer do the shifting takes some of the 'sport' out of the vehicle. There's nothing like grabbing your own gears! :cool:
No doubt. An automatic transmission on an SRT/10, is like putting training wheels, on a Yamaha VMAX! :)

Craig

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Pesto360 said:
.I know youre getting all this hennessey work done and thats great...but...for what youre spending...you could make a lightning just as fast for half the price...but then again at the end of that day Ill be in the same boat as you...
Yea, it's only money. And besides, I'm not a big fan of Ford to be honest. I drove and Econoline E-250, then a Ranger. Definately Fix or Repair Daily.

I Love my RAM SRT/10's, in fact I'm adding a couple more to my collection. I love all my D-C products (and GM, Honda, Yamaha, Nissan).

I've driven a few fast performance vehicles. I can tell you that the SRT/10 is very agile, and the road feedback is great.

Craig

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Lucifer said:
How many "promo" vehicles have you done? How many have been feature/booth vehicles at SEMA (Gold Lot doesn't count)? Who are your major sponsors? Have you done any prototyping/engineering work for major manufacturers that has then been marketed? Do you have a formal rendering with complete proposal?

Not bashing, just asking. This is what I do for a living.
3 - Sirius, Kicker, and SoundStream.

I'll be at SEMA this year at the Bellagio. Look for the Platinum Escalade painted to match, with all kinds of trick stuff.

Also, look for my Yellow Rumble Bee at the Funk Master Flex Show in Tampa July 3rd.

OH, and by the way, if this is what you do for a living. Why not ask what features people want most, instead of wrecking a great truck with an auto tranny. Maybe then you'll get some positive feeback and support for a worthwhile project.

Craig

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Lucifer said:
Wrong person Craig, I'm not the one doing the auto conversion.
HAHA. No Worries. I got off track, er off thread :).. I'll also have a SRT10 on Custom 26" GFG's there as well.

Craig

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Pesto360 said:
My opinion the truck is a little sloppy but has great potential...10x3 seems to think its a sin that Im doing this...which is cool he is entitled to his opinion...I think its great what hes doing..sounds like alot of fun projects, if this truck is done in time..it will be at SEMA as well..I dont do proto-typing or engineering...Im not looking for additional sponsorship at this moment but Im always open to suggestions since you are a professional
My real problem isn't with the auto conversion. Its that you continue to bash the truck in every sentence you write. Take the above. It's sloppy according to you. It's this, it's that. Well ****, then leave it the "F" alone and move onto something else. Or better yet work on a project for the truck that the masses can enjoy or would want. If your doing it just so you said you can do it, and there is no market for it, why expect help/praise for a project no-one is interested in. If you want help, etc make a convertible out of it, put T-TOPS in it, make a sunroof kit, suicide the doors, or increase the horse power.

Or alternately. "He my wife is disabled, she wants to drive fast, she loves the truck, I need to make it automatic for her" versus "The truck is ****, the transmission is sloppy, anyone know how to make an auto tranny work in this thing to actually make it worth somethin?" Make sense?

Craig

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Vegas-viper-ram said:
I noticed almost right away how sluggish the ram is. I JUST had my recall finished today, and didnt do a thing for the trucks performance. I did mention to the service guy my feelings about the weak performance, and of course I knew what the answer was going to be " truck drives fine". I keep waiting for the engine to come alive. I am in it 50K deep so I have to live with this.
I guess you got one of the SLOW RAM SRT/10's :rolleyes: But seriously, it is a V-10, give her some RPM's she'll come quite alive. Seat of the pants fast, and numbers fast are two different things. So aside from "feeling" slow, or having "weak" performance, have you run any numbers? Do you have a baseline from your "L"? My friends R33 doesn't "feel" fast, but there isn't much faster out there. ;)

Craig

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Vegas-viper-ram said:
One thing I did notice that is REALLY odd, is when my wife and I went to Califonia, I noticed that the performance did increase ALOT , but what is odd is nothing changed except maybe altitude, (we where in Long beach) and it was about 10 degrees cooler. Got my ram in April and it hasnt seen less than 75 degrees yet. I just wonder if this truck loves the cool and hates the heat. When I came back to Vegas I noticed the truck ran crappy again . Felt very Torquisg in Cali. Like I thought it should. I did point this out to the service guy, but he said there is nothing he can do. Never owned a vehicle that is SOO sensitive to the weather outside.Not sure really what do do as it was 110 degrees yesterday :0
Very odd. It was 100 here yesterday. I don't get up until noon, I'll try running it in the morning when it is 65ish and see if it is stronger. Seems to me the A/F ratio could be changed to compensate for the temperature if that is the case.

Craig

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Pesto360 said:
I like the truck alot. I own a lightning and its getting kinda ratty and ford decided not to go into production until december 2005 on the lightning so....Im gonna get the srt BUT...here is my dilemna...My girl also drives my lightning once in a while and truth is ...stick is a pain in the ass every day...I read on the forum that there will be an auto offered in the fall...does anyone know if this is true? if so Id consider waiting...but I also read in another thread that its a quad cab only...well Im not looking for a quad cab...Does anyone have any real info on this? I spoke to a local dealer and they have absolutely no idea and told me this is a one year only truck...if it wont be available in an automatic...does anyone here know anyone in south florida who could do the conversion to auto? whats involved? I think its the diesel auto tranny

John
Automatic trannies in the the trucks are getting a lot easier to do. There is a company that makes and adapter plate for the power glide series trannies. Approx 3 hour install time. Macedo Motorsports in Orlando can do the conversion for you. Figure around $6500 or so w/ Tranny.

Craig

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.