SRT10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
You do realize the amount of work this is going to take right? The removal of the entire clutch system, installing and mating the auto to the Viper engine, overcoming torque management, etc. You're going to need a complete stand alone PCM to do this. The outcome is not going to be worth the money you invest in it. End of story. If you think an auto is going to be that much faster in the 1/4, it must be from a lack of shifting skill.

All the supercars are not going to paddle shifting either. Porsche Carrera GT, Koenigsegg CCR, Pagani Zonda S, and the rest are still using a stick.

Have you ever driven an automatic Ram? Any idea how slow their trannys are? Ever driven one with way too much power going to it? I've driven Terry Delong's turbo/intercooled Lil' Red Hemi Express from last year's SEMA show. That engine puts out 600rwhp and the tranny destorys the otherwise perfect truck. He ran out of time before the show, there was going to be a 5 speed in it. Even my own Hemi Feature Vehicle from '03 SEMA puts out more power than the tranny can take, it's just too slow at shifting.

Has anyone checked the weight on the SRT's rims? Their forged Aluminum, can't be that much. Rotaional mass would not effect the handling at all. The custom one-off forged Aluminum 22x9" rims from Colorado Customs on my SEMA Ram weighed in just over 25lbs each.

·
Registered
22 Posts
How many "promo" vehicles have you done? How many have been feature/booth vehicles at SEMA (Gold Lot doesn't count)? Who are your major sponsors? Have you done any prototyping/engineering work for major manufacturers that has then been marketed? Do you have a formal rendering with complete proposal?

Not bashing, just asking. This is what I do for a living.

·
Registered
22 Posts
SRT10x3 said:
3 - Sirius, Kicker, and SoundStream.

I'll be at SEMA this year at the Bellagio. Look for the Platinum Escalade painted to match, with all kinds of trick stuff.

Also, look for my Yellow Rumble Bee at the Funk Master Flex Show in Tampa July 3rd.

OH, and by the way, if this is what you do for a living. Why not ask what features people want most, instead of wrecking a great truck with an auto tranny. Maybe then you'll get some positive feeback and support for a worthwhile project.

Craig
Wrong person Craig, I'm not the one doing the auto conversion.

I'll also be at SEMA this year with a Black H1 on custom 20"s (Should be in the Katzkin or Mitek booth), black Carrera GT with custom knockoffs and a black 300C on custom 22"s.

I was there last year with a Ram 1500 Hemi in the Dynatech Headers Booth (They still use our rendering for advertising), a custom chopper in the Global booth, and a Chevy regular cab/short bed with a Duramax and matching chopper in the Leer booth.

Our sponsors are Katzkin, Mitek(XTANT), Colorado Customs, Dynatech Headers, Air Ride Tech, Profinish-Proglass, MBRP Inc, Toyo, Airaid, Nitrous Express, Wise Ind., Street Scene, and Stainless Steel Brake Co.

·
Registered
22 Posts
SRT10x3 said:
HAHA. No Worries. I got off track, er off thread :).. I'll also have a SRT10 on Custom 26" GFG's there as well.

Craig
Good deal, as we get closer to November I'll PM you for some info. We can meet up and go to some afterparties, AutoZones was killer last year with Jesse James. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
SRT10x3 said:
My real problem isn't with the auto conversion. Its that you continue to bash the truck in every sentence you write. Take the above. It's sloppy according to you. It's this, it's that. Well ****, then leave it the "F" alone and move onto something else. Or better yet work on a project for the truck that the masses can enjoy or would want. If your doing it just so you said you can do it, and there is no market for it, why expect help/praise for a project no-one is interested in. If you want help, etc make a convertible out of it, put T-TOPS in it, make a sunroof kit, suicide the doors, or increase the horse power.

Or alternately. "He my wife is disabled, she wants to drive fast, she loves the truck, I need to make it automatic for her" versus "The truck is ****, the transmission is sloppy, anyone know how to make an auto tranny work in this thing to actually make it worth somethin?" Make sense?

Craig
I agree, same reason I became defensive. Nothing worse than someone bashing a vehicle but then claiming that it's going to be this amazing show platform. Don't like the stick? Find a VCA Edition to work with.

As for it going to '04 SEMA, I couldn't find Shining Monkey Inc. listed in the SEMA directory. Where is it going to be placed? I'll come by on Monday the 1st once I've been placed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.