SRT10 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
An automatic transmission *will* shift faster than any human can. That's just simple fact. If you're just going to drag the truck (and let the little lady drive it), then do the auto mod- if you can find someone who can do it correctly. Go crazy...go nutty...paint it hot pink and put a MaryKay sticker in the back window....It's your truck; do what you like.
Remember: if your pockets are deep enough, anything can be done.
Otherwise, there's always the 140-less-HP Lightning.

And......anyone that expects a FULL-SIZE pickup truck (V10, blown V8, turbo-I4 or otherwise) to accelerate, handle and park like an '82 LeCar needs to SERIOUSLY re-evaluate their purchase plans.

To answer your question: No one here knows of anyone that does an auto swap, or is even considering it. Sorry. You're on your own. If you figure something out, be sure to post about it. I'm sure others (lurkers) would like to know, and the forum admin guys would love it as a reference.

Let's take a moment to thank the DC guys for not giving the SRT-10's I-Drive.
:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
9 seconds said:
"Who cares what you think?"

That's what you're telling these other guys. Why is your opinion more important?
You're totally missing my point. The guy's looking for help, asks a simple question as to whether or not it an automatic swap is possible, and you guys blast him for wanting an automatic. Why is my opinion more important? I don't understand, I did not give my opinion of auto. vs. stick....because a yes or no question does not call for one.....which was my point. However, for those of you who have been paying attention, Pesto360 hopes to make 750HP. With 750HP the auto would have the advantage over a synchronized manual. No question.

Good post Kevan.

·
Registered
235 Posts
ITHAULS said:
You're totally missing my point. The guy's looking for help, asks a simple question as to whether or not it an automatic swap is possible, and you guys blast him for wanting an automatic. Why is my opinion more important? I don't understand, I did not give my opinion of auto. vs. stick....because a yes or no question does not call for one.....which was my point. However, for those of you who have been paying attention, Pesto360 hopes to make 750HP. With 750HP the auto would have the advantage over a synchronized manual. No question.

Good post Kevan.

I guess alot of people dont like that because it has viper engine and they dont come in auto's. Plus dodge might just drop the auto they putting in the srt qc into the single cab ram. Who knows.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
general consensus

i guess overall 'we' like our srt's because of the raw, powerful stature it imposes, & it demands to be man handled to contain the beast. kinda like a fire snortin horse, it takes a bad ass cowboy to tame it. an auto tranny seems to kinda break its spirit. besides, ANYONE can drive an auto. only a driver who is "one" with his machine, can drive the tremec. it seems like you are more into the experience with the 6 speed.
to me an putting in an auto is like taking the worlds best steak & putting into a blender so you can turn it into a slushy, just so you can get it down faster. that is why i bought the srt, if it had come with an auto i dont know if i would have bought it. just my 2 cents.-boomer :D

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
BOOMER said:
i guess overall 'we' like our srt's because of the raw, powerful stature it imposes, & it demands to be man handled to contain the beast. kinda like a fire snortin horse, it takes a bad ass cowboy to tame it. an auto tranny seems to kinda break its spirit. besides, ANYONE can drive an auto. only a driver who is "one" with his machine, can drive the tremec. it seems like you are more into the experience with the 6 speed.
to me an putting in an auto is like taking the worlds best steak & putting into a blender so you can turn it into a slushy, just so you can get it down faster. that is why i bought the srt, if it had come with an auto i dont know if i would have bought it. just my 2 cents.-boomer :D
He he ...a filet mignon slurpee.Well said. :p

·
Banned
1,068 Posts
9 seconds said:
Not in '05 for sure.
Dont mean to bring back the post from the dead, but do you think in 06 they might put an auto in the single cab?? Would be great so you could tow, when your not towing you got the single cab for speed....

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
My girl also drives my lightning once in a while and truth is ...stick is a pain in the ass every day...I read on the forum that there will be an auto offered in the fall...does anyone know if this is true? if so Id consider waiting...but I also read in another thread that its a quad cab only...well Im not looking for a quad cab...Does anyone have any real info on this?

You can always send your girl our way if you get a RC. I'm sure somebody like sickness would lend a hand. ;)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Pesto360 said:
I like the truck alot. I own a lightning and its getting kinda ratty and ford decided not to go into production until december 2005 on the lightning so....Im gonna get the srt BUT...here is my dilemna...My girl also drives my lightning once in a while and truth is ...stick is a pain in the ass every day...I read on the forum that there will be an auto offered in the fall...does anyone know if this is true? if so Id consider waiting...but I also read in another thread that its a quad cab only...well Im not looking for a quad cab...Does anyone have any real info on this? I spoke to a local dealer and they have absolutely no idea and told me this is a one year only truck...if it wont be available in an automatic...does anyone here know anyone in south florida who could do the conversion to auto? whats involved? I think its the diesel auto tranny

John
Automatic trannies in the the trucks are getting a lot easier to do. There is a company that makes and adapter plate for the power glide series trannies. Approx 3 hour install time. Macedo Motorsports in Orlando can do the conversion for you. Figure around $6500 or so w/ Tranny.

Craig

·
Banned
8,819 Posts
BOOMER said:
Well said Boomer - I totally agree!!!! :D :)

Some of us sweet lil Cowgirls out here can tame the snortin horse, too!! ;)
Kinda like tamin the ol cowboy, I suppose!! - If one gear dont work, keep grabbin em til you get one that does !!!!! :rolleyes: LOL :D :D

I drove the QC with the auto, and I will stick to my 6 speed ! :cool: :cool:

Wifeypoo ;)

·
Banned
8,819 Posts
TheSickness said:
Workin on it...Ssssssssh dont tell anyone K :D
K - it will be our little secret - K??? Oh, and we won't mention, that your goal is to out post the original post ho ...... Who could that be??? :D :eek:

Wifey ;)

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Woof.........:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
BOOMER said:
AHMEN BOOMER!!!!!!!!!!! These trucks were designed for only the true enthusiast that can really appreciate what it takes to drive and conquere these beasts. Any girly man or woman can go out and drive a lightning around. I can't even imagine taking such an awsome machine and completely changing it's personality. The SRT-10 was designed to be a different beast than any other vehicle on the road with one of its main distinctions being its six speed manual transmission which increases its fun factor 100%!!!

And honestly.... who the hell would let their wives drive the SRT-10 anyways? Yeah, you would definitely let the wife drive the lightning, its kinda like a sports truck for women anyways, but you have to be a true man to conquer and appreciate the SRT-10!!!

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Shoulda posted a picture of a chicken!:(

41 - 60 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.