SRT10 Forum banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
I'm a noob and also not an engineer but I would like to point out a few problems with what's been stated

A: auto and smg are NOT the same. smg's have clutches auto's even just paddle shifters or tiptronics or whatever you want to call them do NOT. I've driven the M3 with SMG and it's nice... very nice... but guess what... you don't have full control (which you really WANT in a 5100 lb 500hp truck) I can't outdrag an automatic (few people can) but if I'm coming up to a tight turn and want to slide through it (with some assemblance of control) I'd want to make damn sure it's in the gear that I WANT.

with that said I think an auto would be nice for those that want it ... It should be painfully obvious that there are few here that do...

i CAN tell you that if you are trying to do an SMG upgrade well NOW you'd be talking!!! now you've got my attention!! now you're not sucking out power and control!!! (well maybe a little control but i'm not going to be picky)

B: The wheels.. they're slugs no doubt... they definitely didn't have drag racing ONLY in mind when they put those things on... they are heavy... but I've pulled off my stock porsche wheels and guess what THEY'RE HEAVY TOO!!!! LOL .. if you want to change the wheels... change the wheels... but if you're gonna say OMFG THESE WHEELS are the SUKC and expect anyone to react niceley to you you're just asking to get flamed.

C: The L - SRT comparison is SO fricking old... seriously they're 2 totally different machines.. the L is a lighter punch and go.. the srt is basically a tank with a ton of power.. can you buy an L for less?? sure can you do mods that are cheaper and make it go faster, yes...

Here's a comparison for you ... mercedes E55 (469HP) and the later gen. BMW M5(400HP) one I've owned... one I haven't... One is naturally aspirated ... one is not... even in THIS comparison I MUCH prefer the manual transmission (which as you prolly know they're switching to the 7spd SMG) and the NATURAL Aspiration!!... I drove the E55... (and I mean DROVE IT)... it was a slug... the auto (SUX) even with the shifters.. and the supercharger on the thing musta only kicked in at 3K rpm's plus ( i dunno) it was a dawg... I can say the same about the jag XJR... There's just something to be said about Natural Aspiration AND manual) you can compare them all day long usually the ford people finish the conversation sayiing 'i paid a lot less' I personally don't give a crap about what it costs... I drove an SVT mustang and thought it was a rattle rocket... very fast (heck yes it was fast) but that doesn't mean I went onto the SVT boards and started bashing the heck outa the car...

Anyway I didn't mean to ramble on... I just think we all need to chill the heck out (myself included) regardless of the shortcoming of any car (and they ALL hve them) what's most important to me is having fun driving it... and I have fun in my truck every time I hit the red button (and by the way... I think they should've made this truck keyless and given us cards (like with the C6 vette or the mercedes)... I mean how hard is keyless go to implement... ok there I bashed my truck :p i still luv it tho and wouldn't trade it for a ford..

·
Lifetime Premium member
6,697 Posts
HTS Transmissions located in Lowell, MI. Price starts at about $2500 and can go up to over $5000 depending on how strong you want him (Dusty) to build it. Has on of the better Reps on Transmissions going....

You ship it to him, he builds it and ships it back. From what I have heard he has a really quick trun around time.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.