SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Dodge Talk VIPERRAMGTS claims all the SRT-10 pace trucks have automatics in them, can anyone confirm this, and if so what trany is it, and is it a 4 or a 5 speed? Mofo

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
NASCAR rule is that pace cars must be auto's. I think there are only a couple of them but they are auto's. Don't know which though. GUESSING trans from diesel.

·
Registered
235 Posts
There are auto ram srt-10's? Guess I was wrong, didnt know all nascar cars had to be autos (kinda lame if you ask me).

So 9 seconds, what kind of times do you think they can kick off.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
earl lee said:
There are auto ram srt-10's? Guess I was wrong, didnt know all nascar cars had to be autos (kinda lame if you ask me).

So 9 seconds, what kind of times do you think they can kick off.
The VCA edition (pace truck look-a-likes) were manuals. All 50 of them.

I wish I knew why they had to be automatics. I also wish they would let someone borrow one for the weekend to see what the 1/4 mile numbers would be. There's probably 1/2 second in the auto. There is in a Viper.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Auto is proven to be better for drag racing unless your an extremely good driver. But automatics are boring, I like the challenge of a 6 speed.

·
Banned
582 Posts
I Agree, The Stick Is Fun!

·
Banned
582 Posts
MOFO, click the archive link at the bottom of this page, go to general disc., then to # 87 for info and pics.

·
Registered
6 Posts
earl lee said:
If you had to pick yourself, would you go manual or auto?
Auto for me. Easier to launch, more consistant (bracket racing), and with a good valve body can be shifted manually, a good converter (2.5 TQ multiplication) will gain some ET, easier on the drive train (compared to dumping the clutch at 3 grand :) ), also durable (in my experience). And no changing clutches every year.
But sticks are more fun :) Maybe not in traffic, but that's just me ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts