SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried Meguiars Hot Rims wheel cleaner yesterday and all I can say is WOW!

this stuff is supposed to be safe for all wheels including clear coated wheels.

Sprayed it on (including the inside where there is tons of brake dust and on the calipers) and waited 20 seconds and hosed it off. DAMN NICE :D

I also use Meguiars products for waxes (Gold Class) and other stuff. I always try new brands that come to the market but always return to Meguiars. :D And I don't think I will be using anything other then Meguiars (albeit to keep my curiosity in check, I will try their new products :) )

The only thing I use that is not Meguiars is Mothers Scratch remover. Stuff is AWESOME and Meguiars does not have a comparable product that works as good.

Mark

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
I just use a long brush and car soap!!!! Works great keeps the inside of the rim just as shiney as the outside. Is that stuff ok to get onto the brakes?

patrick

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Roktman said:
I have been using Dupont Teflon Wheel Cleaner.It is safe for all wheels including clearcoated ones.It is safe for paint too and could be used for bug and tar remover they say.
What? :confused: I didn't think you supported DUPONT?? Oh, your a closet Gordon Fan! :rolleyes: :eek: :D

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Hell, I just stopped driving mine and the wheels stay nice and clean! :rolleyes:

Actually, the roads are still covered with salt, so that's why I don't drive it.

I clean them with nothing but a sponge and water. A bit time consuming, but when they're finally clean, it makes the effort worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts