SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sending my PCM out on Monday to get this flash. Should have it back on Thursday. As far as I know, I am the first one to get it so once I get it back, installed, and drive it for a little while I will post my thoughts on it and recommendations, if any. Their Web site is www.bgchrysler.com if anyone wants to check it out. Wish me luck!

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
I wish you Good Luck!

What exactly are they claiming with the flash anyway - more HP and TQ, but how much?

Is it available for the Regular Cabs as well?

TIA

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I spoke with these guys a couple of weeks ago. I guess the fella is actually a chrylser tech and works there in his off time. He had no dyno data so I wasn't going to start selling these until I had it. I'm in the middle of a project with mine so I did not want to send the pcm off.

If someone else here wants to do before and after dynos I'll hook you up with a great DEAL on the PCM FLASH on the condition you post the before and after dynos.

The claims are much better fuel and timing curves, he also turns on the adaptive learning in the stock PCM. In the QCs he also turned off the torque management.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a quote right from their Web site:

"B&G SRT10 Truck Flash - This PCM upgrade is designed for the SRT10 Truck Automatic or Manual transmissions.

Revised timing & fuel tables, Shift point rasied to 5800 rpm, Rev limit raised to 6100 rpm, fan on 10 degrees cooler, Torque managment modified."

The timing is advanced by 8 degrees if I recall correctly. The "modified" torque management is a "relaxing" of it, not total removal. According to the guys there, they didn't remove it entirely to help protect the drivetrain.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
womsterr said:
I spoke with these guys a couple of weeks ago. I guess the fella is actually a chrylser tech and works there in his off time. He had no dyno data so I wasn't going to start selling these until I had it. I'm in the middle of a project with mine so I did not want to send the pcm off.

If someone else here wants to do before and after dynos I'll hook you up with a great DEAL on the condition you post the before and after dynos.

The claims are much better fuel and timing curves, he also turns on the adaptive learning in the stock PCM. In the QCs he also turned off the torque management.
If I could get to you today, I would do it. Since the PCM is going out Monday, that's probably not feasible. I would, however, be willing to do an after dyno - if you aren't too far away. I don't even know where you are at, Womsterr...

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Hey Direwolf - you a deadhead?

I'm in a 'burb of Atlanta.

Hey I clarified my statement above. I can swing a deal on the PCM flash, not the dyno work as I don't have a dyno!

Wish you the best of luck but I'm afraid without a before to compare it to, an after is pretty much useless.

·
Registered
82 Posts
DirewolfUSMC said:
I am sending my PCM out on Monday to get this flash. Should have it back on Thursday. As far as I know, I am the first one to get it so once I get it back, installed, and drive it for a little while I will post my thoughts on it and recommendations, if any. Their Web site is www.bgchrysler.com if anyone wants to check it out. Wish me luck!
how much is it for the flash?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nah, not a DeadHead - it was just my callsign when I was a Jarhead.

I didn't read the post right - thought you were hooking up a deal on the dyno runs before and after, not the PCM flash. My fault.

I got a pretty good idea of what the before run would be - just base it off of Hennessey's run. Close enough for me anyway. I seriously doubt that if I ran mine bone stock it would be that much off from the 403 hp he got. Besides, if everyone's trucks are that much different from the factory, the dyno results on my truck would differ from that of someone else's and then when they got the same flash, it would yield different results. The thing that I am most interested in is what it will put down with the flash, plus intake, headers, high-flow cats, and exhaust. That number is what I am working towards.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
04SRTRAM said:
how much is it for the flash?
$400. Overnighted back to you and they guarantee that if you don't like it, they will flash it back to stock and refund your money.

·
Registered
82 Posts
sounds like the way to go if you are not planing on many mods if you are the VECII is what you will need. Thanks I'm interested on how you like this please keep us informed Phillip

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
04SRTRAM said:
sounds like the way to go if you are not planing on many mods if you are the VECII is what you will need. Thanks I'm interested on how you like this please keep us informed Phillip
That's the thing - the PCM is programmed to learn the basic bolt-on mods, like headers, exhaust, intake and such. If you have turbos or a S/C, he has programs for that. If you did a lot of engine work, he has programs for that too. Basically, all you have to do is tell him what mods you have or will have and he flashes it to your specs. I don't plan on a S/C in the future, but if I changed my mind then all I need to do is have him re-flash it for that application.

I will definitely be posting the S.O.T.P. feel of it once I get it back.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
DirewolfUSMC said:
Nah, not a DeadHead - it was just my callsign when I was a Jarhead.

I didn't read the post right - thought you were hooking up a deal on the dyno runs before and after, not the PCM flash. My fault.

I got a pretty good idea of what the before run would be - just base it off of Hennessey's run. Close enough for me anyway. I seriously doubt that if I ran mine bone stock it would be that much off from the 403 hp he got. Besides, if everyone's trucks are that much different from the factory, the dyno results on my truck would differ from that of someone else's and then when they got the same flash, it would yield different results. The thing that I am most interested in is what it will put down with the flash, plus intake, headers, high-flow cats, and exhaust. That number is what I am working towards.

Wasn't your fault. I edited my post after yours to make what I was trying to say more clear. Sorry...too much drugs in my formative years ;)

There are too many variables to consider one run as a good baseline for all vehicles. Each vehicle is different and definately each dyno. I would consider 406hp a pretty weak run.

If someone wants to do the leg work I can do considerable better than $400 WITH overnight shipping for the B&G Flash.

·
Registered
82 Posts
DirewolfUSMC said:
That's the thing - the PCM is programmed to learn the basic bolt-on mods, like headers, exhaust, intake and such.

I will definitely be posting the S.O.T.P. feel of it once I get it back.
You know according to what you just said.......He should be able to take my PCM and read it and determine what needs to be done. Anyways Today I went to the muffler shop to get them to weld my pipes up. I took of the rear cats and added a piece of pipe in it's place and installed the Magnflow yesterday

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
womsterr said:
Wasn't your fault. I edited my post after yours to make what I was trying to say more clear. Sorry...too much drugs in my formative years ;)

There are too many variables to consider one run as a good baseline for all vehicles. Each vehicle is different and definately each dyno. I would consider 406hp a pretty weak run.

If someone wants to do the leg work I can do considerable better than $400 WITH overnight shipping for the B&G Flash.
I see what you are saying. But you gotta remember; mine's an automatic. I lose a lot more hp and tq than you guys do with the standard. And the torque management might have some play involved in it as well, but I'm no mechanic and couldn't tell you for sure. I have to admit, I haven't seen any other dyno runs to compare to each other and get an average, but either way I will be happy if the damn thing gets rid of the richness on the low end and livens it up from 0 - 2,500 rpms. Should end up quicker overall with the shift points increased from 5,300 to 5,800 rpms too.

·
Registered
82 Posts
ok well just keep us informed THANKS Phillip

·
Registered
43 Posts
B&G Flashes were great on other Chrysler Products... Hopefully it is as good on this one. I know the B&G Flash was much better than the Mopar ECU on my 5.9L Jeep.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I too would be interested to see the results. Although i would have to say I leaning towards the Vec II. :D

·
Registered
732 Posts
hi guys i tried to call them today saturday and they are closed

monday im gonna call again and speak to the guy, they are like 10 minutes from my house, hell im gonna try it, if they guarantee it what do i have to lose except for the 10 milute drive to them and what ever time it takes

i will post monday nite after i speak to them
Jamie

·
Registered
974 Posts
Rolex Dr. said:
hi guys i tried to call them today saturday and they are closed

monday im gonna call again and speak to the guy, they are like 10 minutes from my house, hell im gonna try it, if they guarantee it what do i have to lose except for the 10 milute drive to them and what ever time it takes

i will post monday nite after i speak to them
Jamie
Kewl keep us posted

1 - 20 of 159 Posts