SRT10 Forum banner

141 - 159 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
B&G---DC

I believe they are now talking about aleast 93 oct,fuel,a stage 2 flash with maybe alittle low speed engine knock,and more aggressive ignition &fuel curve,please correct me if thats wrong,I like how mine performs do not get wrong,But DC got on here and said HIs flash out performs B&G'S ?,now I see B&G-DC,TOGETHER?
Bill

·
Registered
35 Posts
I worked with Dan at DCPerformance to squeeze a few more ponies out of the B&G Flash that you have which now is the B&G Stage 1 Flash. I am calling the flash that B&G and DCPerformance modifed B&G Stage 2 Flash which will be sold through DCPerformance. I have listed some of the differences on my web site www.bgchrysler.com (Services Tab) to explain the difference. Both flashes are good and will give great results personal preference should decide which one to buy.

David Kasper
B&G Chrysler Specilists, Inc.
586-758-2003

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Dave is the price on this still $400??

·
Registered
118 Posts
i just orderd the new stage 2 pcm from dc so i can switch back and forth.. it is recomened that you dont tow with stage 2 upgrade. as long as you keep the octain up and dont tow the knocking isue should not be a problem.

·
Registered
335 Posts
B&G FLASH

Well lets see here ,those that have a stage1 flash can not buy the stage 2 from B&G,THINKING ALL ALONG IF A BETTER FLASH CAME OUT,B&G would re flash stage 1's at a discount! what happened to that deal?now we have to buy from DC at full price?
Bill

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I would be interested in more info. on the interaction between this Stage 2 and the Vec II. What will your flash do that I cannot do with my VecII?

Thanks, Mike :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bill, When I upgrade the B&G stage 1 flash with updated refinments I will post it on the forum and on our web site www.bgchrysler.com and yes it will be at a reduced price if you have purchased previous flash. I would not worry that you need to get the Stage 2 upgrade. As of right now I do not plan to modify fuel or timing on the Stage 1 flash. Their is a limit on how much I can squeeze fuel & timing without getting into knock concerns/EGT temps Etc... Yes the Stage 2 flash has a little more aggressive timing curve and shift points are 100 rpm higher. The cost vs HP/torque gains would not be cost effective in my opion. But if you want to have the Stage 2 upgrade I will talk to Dan at DCPerformace on Offering it at a reduced Price through B&G if you have a previous Flash. I hope I have anwsered your concern.

David Kasper
586-758-2003

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mike, I would not run the Stage 1 or Stage 2 flash with the VEC2 system. The Vec2 does a great job on timing and fuel. And the Flash already has timing and fuel modified so the cost of both would not benifit your application. I would suggest the B&G flash that has all the PCM refinments and leaves fuel & timing stock so you can utilize your VEC2 program. This PCM upgrade will complement the VEC2 system greatly automatic or manual. Things like Hyd fan duty cycle modified, A/C cut out at WOT,TPS filter modified, Idle speed higher, and a few more enhancments that will improve performance. See www.bgchrysler.com (Service Tab) for more information on the upgrade.

David Kasper
586-758-2003

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Thanks for the reply David, I will check it out! ;)

·
Registered
210 Posts
decisions

Has anyone figured out wich flash works the best?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I have the stage 1 right now, and Iam going to see them this evening to get the stage 2. I'll let you know what happens.

Bill.

·
Registered
118 Posts
ok just ot off the phone with dan . im frist inline for the stage 2 . i asked him about the alarm code. he fixed it thats why he was waiting to send them out.i still should have mine by friday. also hesaid if you run 93 octane and dont tow with it should have no problem at all . there cust. serv. is top notch.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Got my stage 2 installed yesterday and it works great. Talked to Dan today and he said that 93 octane in not neccessarily a requirement. We have 92 in Hawaii and he said that it would work fine. He said they tested the program on 91 octane. In any case, it is a great deal and you are right about the customer service. They are great.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Just came across this old posting. Never did anything with the PCM, but it sounds like the results were outstanding. Did anyone ever dyno it? Is it still available?

·
Registered
475 Posts
My but dyno tells me the Stage2 PCM from B&G that I bought last summer from a member was a huge difference with no mods and now I have catless mids and its even stronger, In the process of installing coils, wires, plugs, 170*therm, UD pulley and a Volant... Can't wait for it to be done.........

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not sure if any forum members are still talking PCM flash these days. Very interesting to read all posts regarding the many performance tweaks after PCM flash. One thing I saw was missing- When I did the PCM trick back in 05 to my black QC the firm which did my flashing advised me it was best to "Drive In" the vehicle after Install. Simply said he told me to put 100 miles on ODO with combination low speed and high speed runs in order for new PCM to"learn" it's new settings. Anyone else ever heard of this learning period?

141 - 159 of 159 Posts