SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys, these are my prototype headers i made for my truck. they are all stainless. they have long tube equal length primarys that merge from 1 5/8 to 1 3/4 to 2" into a 3/2 into 2 into 1 slipon merge collector. if any forum member is interested i can do them in stainless or mid steel to keep cost down. i know i said a long time ago i was working on these, but i have been doing them here at work for about an hour a night, then taking them home to check fitment. very slow process. i just didnt have the room here at our shop when i started working on them, and once i took my stock mainfolds off i couldnt bring the truck in, so it took a while. i will take the camera home tonight and shoot pics of the headers installed. they look really cool installed

·
Registered
447 Posts
Damn man! Those things look great!
Be sure to post some shots of them installed.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hamrhead said:
...but how do they Feel ?? :D :cool:
sotp was the difference of my truck stock~before i added the Vec2, magnaflow, cold air, stat, flywheel & clutch. it has a definite lope to the idle now, smooth but you know some ****s gonna happen when you step on it. the best thing was doing a rolling burnout. i was just cruisin in first about 10mph, and stepped on it with no clutch and tires were frying! i will have it on the dyno next week so i can write a program that matches the new flow from the headers. the stock manifolds were so restrictive. best thing i have done yet by far.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
BOOMER said:
sotp was the difference of my truck stock~before i added the Vec2, magnaflow, cold air, stat, flywheel & clutch. it has a definite lope to the idle now, smooth but you know some ****s gonna happen when you step on it. the best thing was doing a rolling burnout. i was just cruisin in first about 10mph, and stepped on it with no clutch and tires were frying! i will have it on the dyno next week so i can write a program that matches the new flow from the headers. the stock manifolds were so restrictive. best thing i have done yet by far.
What is Stat? Also John has the silver bullet back. You can arrange to get the tranny from him when he is finished with it. Maybe I could get a set of Stainless headers from you for one of my stock trucks? ;)

Craig

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
SRT10x3 said:
What is Stat? Also John has the silver bullet back. You can arrange to get the tranny from him when he is finished with it. Maybe I could get a set of Stainless headers from you for one of my stock trucks? ;)

Craig
Did you mean SOTP? = Seat Of The Pants, or the ole' azz-o-meter! :D

·
Registered
650 Posts
BOOMER said:
hey guys, these are my prototype headers i made for my truck. they are all stainless. they have long tube equal length primarys that merge from 1 5/8 to 1 3/4 to 2" into a 3/2 into 2 into 1 slipon merge collector. if any forum member is interested i can do them in stainless or mid steel to keep cost down. i know i said a long time ago i was working on these, but i have been doing them here at work for about an hour a night, then taking them home to check fitment. very slow process. i just didnt have the room here at our shop when i started working on them, and once i took my stock mainfolds off i couldnt bring the truck in, so it took a while. i will take the camera home tonight and shoot pics of the headers installed. they look really cool installed
Interesting design.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
DarkSyde said:
Boomer,

Lookin good my man!!! :cool:

Good work!
NOW ACCEPTING DONATIONS TO BUY ROE RACING SC
(hint hint, SRT10x3 You wanna sponsor me? )

TJ
I'd be more apt to get you something from HennesseyPerformance ;)

Craig

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
update on headers & lowering kit

hey guys, i found these posts today, for some reason i didnt see them as new post when i have been logging on, dont know why, but anyway~
right now i have been moving my office, laying my own floor tile etc etc, and i had to finish up a lowering kit & a short throw shifter for one of you guys. the lowering kit is VERY COOL if i do say so my self. it consists of billet cnc'd blocks that have the Viper, & srt logo engraved into them, all of the hardware, & new springs for the front to drop it an inch. the rear will be available in 2, 2.5 or 3 inch lower. the headers i will be back on track for next week. i will post pictures of the headers installed looking thru the wheel well with the inner fenders removed so you can see everything. i will shoot pics of the install underneath connecting everything to the magnaflow system. i think everyone will dig them. back to work~boomer

·
Registered
621 Posts
BOOMER said:
hey guys, i found these posts today, for some reason i didnt see them as new post when i have been logging on, dont know why, but anyway~
right now i have been moving my office, laying my own floor tile etc etc, and i had to finish up a lowering kit & a short throw shifter for one of you guys. the lowering kit is VERY COOL if i do say so my self. it consists of billet cnc'd blocks that have the Viper, & srt logo engraved into them, all of the hardware, & new springs for the front to drop it an inch. the rear will be available in 2, 2.5 or 3 inch lower. the headers i will be back on track for next week. i will post pictures of the headers installed looking thru the wheel well with the inner fenders removed so you can see everything. i will shoot pics of the install underneath connecting everything to the magnaflow system. i think everyone will dig them. back to work~boomer

Boomer, please post some pics of that lowering kit too. I am real interested in both!!

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
BOOMER said:
Boomer, Can you fill us in on the short throw shifter. I am really interested!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts