SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys here she is. i dont have pix of the engine bay -yet- as i want to finish the headers, phenolic spacer, & i am working on putting my twin tube cold air system into production. the shifter is a BM ripper for a viper, & we machined a whole new stick (in order to get the right throw & still use the factory boot etc etc.) for and used a pistol grip handle. this is a MUCH shorter throw, & it is centered to go into 3rd automaticaly! no more missed shifts! we will have this whole setup avaiable in a few weeks. the exhaust is 2 1/2 diam. with balance tube with borla race muffs. the bed cover is a check mate (thanks joeykunz) i lowered her 2" in the rear. this weekend i am putting in a centerforce clutch & aluminum flywheel. the stock clutch is the weak link.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
some more

here is some more. notice the o2 sensors are cut. i am running 02 symulators on the back set to fool the pcm into thinking there are still cats installed. the front set of 02 senors still go to the pcm to operate it in closed loop mode. after that the VEC2 takes over my management for fuel, & timing, & operates my shift light.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice setup! Everything came together very well. The photos are great. I can't wait to see the engine bay. Your twin cold air intake sounds very interesting. Have some fun with that sweet truck.
Cheers,

·
Registered
174 Posts
Please tell me those are not Altezas!?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
174 Posts
The infamous clear tail lights you see on "sport" imports, made popular by the movie, THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
9 seconds said:
Ahem...........and Lightnings.
no way man, they are the incarprowear tail lights as seen on Boomer's truck on srtforums! man they arent that bad-are they?

·
Registered
156 Posts
BOOMER said:
no way man, they are the incarprowear tail lights as seen
on Boomer's truck on srtforums! man they arent that bad-are they?
Boomer, the truck looks awesome! I like the chrome taillights, keep them. They match the wheels, although it would match better if the wheels were chromed but polished is pretty close. Chrome rims, chrome tailights, chrome gas cover, etc. all look good on black I think. The checkmate cover looks great, I love the flush look it gives. Did you get it with the quick release hinges?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Oh thats a Street Scenes speed grille right? Is that the chromed or polished version, I was thinking about getting that as well. They need to make one for the front bumper too though, it doesnt match without it.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Joeykunz said:
Oh thats a Street Scenes speed grille right? Is that the chromed or polished version, I was thinking about getting that as well. They need to make one for the front bumper too though, it doesnt match without it.
yeah it is the polished. i agree i wish i could all of the openings. it was you who made me get the bed cover-thanks again!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Air System

Boomer, Does your system pull air from a sealed off area away from the hot engine compartment heat, if so sell me one please. Mofo

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
BOOMER said:
no way man, they are the incarprowear tail lights as seen on Boomer's truck on srtforums! man they arent that bad-are they?
Definately not. Just pokin' at ya' a little. Now if that exhaust had come out the side...............

·
Registered
24 Posts
Boomer, your truck looks great. Hook me up with info on how you lowered your truck! Post pic's on your cold air when done.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mofo said:
Boomer, Does your system pull air from a sealed off area away from the hot engine compartment heat, if so sell me one please. Mofo
yeah, it is in effect a ram air system. it pulls air from each side of the radiator, & each filter is thru an abs plate that wont let air go arouund the filters. it looks very mean, imo. i want to cnc some brackets, then tig weld them to the the air plenums, so it looks like the factory did it-in the mopar race shop! the checkmate cover lip only sits on top of the bed maybe 1/2". so i just sat the wing on top of it, and had to trim just a little around the wing. the cover only weighs 40lbs! the mounting flange is aluminum, so it is cake to trim it. i hope to have our Airforce II cold air system done and ready for production in 2 weeks. it also includes mini KN air filters for the pvc system.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts