SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a Borla exhaust put on my truck. They did a great job and the truck sounds awesome. They used the same mufflers they installed on the Vipers and put in a crossover pipe. They used a really cool tip as seen in photos the dyno gains were +33 ft lbs torque and +16hp over stock(approximate)

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only had 130 miles on the truck when I went there so I couldn't
tell you if there was a big difference or not because I didn't really run it that hard before.

The sound is going to be worth every penny though. It is very deep and throaty now. Not very loud at all on the freeway cruising but if you jump on it or run it up through the gears it sounds great.

Some guys came out from a video game company and recorded it for a new game the guy that did the recording also did fast and furious sound recordings for the movie they all said it was the best sounding V10 they have ever heard.

·
Registered
55 Posts
viperx2 said:
I only had 130 miles on the truck when I went there so I couldn't
tell you if there was a big difference or not because I didn't really run it that hard before.

The sound is going to be worth every penny though. It is very deep and throaty now. Not very loud at all on the freeway cruising but if you jump on it or run it up through the gears it sounds great.

Some guys came out from a video game company and recorded it for a new game the guy that did the recording also did fast and furious sound recordings for the movie they all said it was the best sounding V10 they have ever heard.
Cool thanks for the info.

I now with a stick shift it doesn't really matter if there is any interior resonance because you can always change gears and run it at a different rpm, but how is the resonance with the Borla system. Is there a certain rpm were the resonance is bad?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'd like to see the actual dyno sheet to beleive those numbers. Those numbers might be a little funny right now since the truck hasn't even been broken in yet. I'd like to see them re-DYNO it when it has 3000 miles. Also, that tip looks a little funny. Kind of kills the cool look of dual exhaust. I prefer the sound of Magnaflow kits.

Did Borla sound test the kit? Meaning, does it stay below the maximum sound level allowed by the State to call it street legal?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are the dyno sheets. I was told that they would not do anything that wouldn't meet C.A.R.B. so I'm assuming that it will meet standards for that and noise (not 100% for sure though) The tip is a matter of opinion I guess as I think it looks really cool and fits cut out nicely.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Good numbers.....I wonder how the numbers will show once you have the truck broken in. I've heard that tends to change.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts