SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
I spanked her at 500 :D then decided to wait until 1000. My personal opinion is to wait until 1000, change the oil and filter then drive it like a wild man...

·
Registered
61 Posts
nothnbutrouble said:
I am sure this has been beat to death...after the 500 mile break in.. how hard have you all pushed the SRT??
I babied mine for 500, and only opened her up for short durations a few times until past 1000. The truck really starts to run at around 3,000 (which makes you yell "holy shXt" anytime you shift from 2nd to 3rd, etc). These trucks are absoulutely incredible!!! I suggest going back through the archives regarding things like clutch, etc. and reading the indepth posts from others so you can keep an eye on things as you add miles. Enjoy!!

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
I took it fairly eay on mine until 500 miles, at which time I was planning on hammering it. When I reached that mileage, I messed around a few times, then found myself trying to see how high I could get my MPG back and forth to work. :confused:

Now I'm at 1,200 miles, oil is changed, and all seems good.

BTW, On my 11 mile trip to work (each way), I've managed to reach 13.5mpg. The best my L ever did on the same run was 14.5, so it's not too bad. Could probably get even better if this thing wasn't so much fun to open up! :D :cool:

·
Banned
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info...it's a really incredible truck...I just got back from the car show...everyone is always looking at it wherever it goes ... I hope to get some film done on her and post the pics...I think you will like the flames I have on her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts