SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I were cruising on I-15 and got behind some big rigs on a hill. One of the rigs was going about 40 mph in the fast lane while passing a couple of even slower ones. He finally got around them and moved over. I hesitated to make sure the next semi saw me and wasn't going to also move over to pass the slower one. I down shifted and accelerated to about 85 mph. It was a double trailer rig. I was at the front wheels of the second trailer when he moved over on top of me. We happened to have just entered a bridge with no shoulder so there was no place for me to go. I got as close to the guardrail as possible and stood on the brakes. The ABS kicked in and those big Brembos grabbed hold like there was no tomorrow. Before we knew it we were out of danger. I don't think the big rig ever saw us. What can I say, these brakes are awesome!

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Sorry about that brother, some of my fellow truckers don't take the care that they should. I ALWAYS look at least three times even while I am getting into the next lane. He really should have seen you. :(

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
There has been more than once that these brakes saved me from disaster. Or my own stupidity :D

·
Registered
294 Posts
And the 05 brakes are even better! I can't wait

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
toohighpsi said:
The brakes on your truck are made by TRW, not Brembo. That doesn't make them any less impressive, though!!!

I was just about to ask......we have brembo??? thx :)

Anybodies brakes squeek? Mine do and I hate it.....just a little irratating squeek, not all the time but enough to irratate me when I hear it.

patrick

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I think its because of that nice 80 degree weather, You need to come up here in the cold and the snow Patrick!!! :D

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You know, I guess always assumed that we had Brembos because all the other SRT vehicles use them but after toohighpsi's post I went back through the literature and there was nothing about Brembos in the truck. So, I learned something new today.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Hey Craig (or anyboby else that has compaired the 04 brakes to the 05), what differences have you noticed? The brakes on my 04 grab REAL hard, do the 05's grab harder?

Bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
My brakes squeek too. I brought it in and I bet you guys can guess what they told me... Cannot Duplicate Problem. Maybe it is the weather, sunny Florida ya know?

·
Registered
6 Posts
My brakes sqealed on every stop. First time service said metalic pads issue. When I had the service MGR ride, he said replace all the rotors and pads. Take it to the top and make them ride with you.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Thanks 9 seconds, that thread makes a lot of sense to me. The last post was exactly what has been going on for me. I have that oxidation color he was talking about on my discs. Brake harder to get rid of squeel!!!!! No problemo...

patrick

·
Registered
966 Posts
Brake Squeek

mauiSRT/10 said:
I was just about to ask......we have brembo??? thx :)

Anybodies brakes squeek? Mine do and I hate it.....just a little irratating squeek, not all the time but enough to irratate me when I hear it.

patrick
mine just started squeaking last week...(i think) had to turn down the stereo to hear (once in a while & just turned 5,000mi).
they don't squeak all the time...just occassionally...and I have plenty of pad.
I'll bring the truck into work and get the compressed air on them...sounds like the left front...

D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts