SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I opened her up yesterday and hit 122 or 123. Holy shnikies! It felt a little loose and floaty at around 110 or 115, and then at 120 the truck seemed to squat and it felt as smooth as 80 and felt like the truck was on rails and totally connected to the road. Maybe that is the wing coming into use, I have no idea, but it sure was awesome.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I hit 135 this weekend... I was perfectly comfortable. If you ask my passengers, they might give you a different story, but I was good. A few bumps in the road, at bridges and stuff, made me a lil nervouse. But that was about it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bet that was cool as hell. I imagine your passengers will bulk up on their life insurance before they ride with you next time. ;) Were you tempted to go faster?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yeah, but the road wasn't really smooth enough. Plus I was running low on gas. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
157 Posts
SRTFirefighter said:
Plus I was running low on gas. :rolleyes:
and we all know the feeling of a trip to the pump looming

·
Registered
329 Posts
Can't really complaine. Was only 48 bones to fill er up. After seeing those gas prices in Hawaii... HOLY SHART!! The other day premium was $1.70 here. God Bless the mid-west... where everything is average.

·
Registered
99 Posts
hehe...135 MPH on a bridge with bumpy road conditions. Your passenger must of been white knuckled. :)

I of course, am insanely jealous. :) It really shows how powerful that v10 is. The SRT-10, based on it's shape probablly has the areodynmamic properties of a brick. For it to be able to hit 154 MPH (The record) is amazing.

Can somebody put a video camera in one of these high speed runs and tape it so we all can enjoy it? :)

Pretty please?

·
Registered
447 Posts
If SRTFirefighter wants to, he can use my two camera mounts. My camera is DV, so I could dump it to AVI or MPEG easily and have it hosted that night.

Here's a pic of the mount and the camera:
http://tremol-no.com/images/P5130028.JPG
The clamp can be attached horizontally or vertically (rubber feet prevent scratching), and the mount is also able to go horiz/vertical, plus the gimble head...It's a great little setup. Not sure how stable it'll be at 150mph, but...there's only one way to find out. LOL

I'll gladly review the tape from the safety of my couch. :D

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
SRTFirefighter said:
I hit 135 this weekend... I was perfectly comfortable. If you ask my passengers, they might give you a different story, but I was good. A few bumps in the road, at bridges and stuff, made me a lil nervouse. But that was about it.

With full tank of gas, at 147mph, my Instant MPG was 3.2 after a reset :)

Getting over 143 takes a little coaxing, especially with my big ass in it. But, we'll see what the red one, and silver one with do ;)

Craig

·
Registered
30 Posts
High speed runs

Sounds cool, and why not test the limits..... but lets not forget 9-seconds post and video of the less than bright VW boys. Keep the camera OFF the speedo... we will take your word for it. Lets not make it too easy for the "boys in black and blue" to nail our asses.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts