SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a painful break-in period I was out bonding with the Ram. In the tow mode rev. limiter comes on about 115-118. Then we bonded some more kept the tow mode(quick start) on until about 100 then hit the little button went up to about 130 (more left,corner coming fast) no rev. limiter came on. Do I need to worry about any type of damage doing this. If I would have kept going on the 130 when would the rev, limiter come on. Feedback appreciated.Love this truck :D :D :) :) Almost forgot this wasnt me this is just what my friend told me he did with his Ram.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Get dealr advice??

paulkopick said:
After a painful break-in period I was out bonding with the Ram. In the tow mode rev. limiter comes on about 115-118. Then we bonded some more kept the tow mode(quick start) on until about 100 then hit the little button went up to about 130 (more left,corner coming fast) no rev. limiter came on. Do I need to worry about any type of damage doing this. If I would have kept going on the 130 when would the rev, limiter come on. Feedback appreciated.Love this truck :D :D :) :) Almost forgot this wasnt me this is just what my friend told me he did with his Ram.
Maybe get advice from the dealer? Just a thought...
Don't ya just love that bonding session...when it rains here, I go out in the garage and tell the Red Snake that it will soon stop raining and we will soon go out and play...
D :D

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
The Tow/Haul buttom will not do anything for performance when WOT is needed. What is does is at normal throttle it will hold the gear longer so if you are towing something, youi don't shift into that BOG area in second or third. Now this is how it was on the HEMIs and I wouldn't think it is different with the SRT Automatic.

I was unaware there is a speed/rev limiter when using it but it does make sense.

Site :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts