SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone take some pictures of the rear suspension and post them?

Specifically from the rear, showing the axle and the U bolts and the alignment of the Frame rails with it.

I'm just seeing how difficult it would be to put a lift bar type traction bar on these.
1. replace the U-bolts and include a lower bracket with mounting tabs.
2. Add shims to get -2 pinion angle (-4 is best for drag racing, but not for street)
3. Run a 5 foot Lift bar forward to the frame with bushings to allow the suspension to travel
4. Mount a bracket on the frame rails to bolt the other end of the Lift Bar.

I'm not sure if the exhaust or fuel/brake lines will be in the way.

Just throwing Ideas out there. Maybe I could fab something up.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Wikdsvt said:
Can someone take some pictures of the rear suspension and post them?

Specifically from the rear, showing the axle and the U bolts and the alignment of the Frame rails with it.

I'm just seeing how difficult it would be to put a lift bar type traction bar on these.
1. replace the U-bolts and include a lower bracket with mounting tabs.
2. Add shims to get -2 pinion angle (-4 is best for drag racing, but not for street)
3. Run a 5 foot Lift bar forward to the frame with bushings to allow the suspension to travel
4. Mount a bracket on the frame rails to bolt the other end of the Lift Bar.

I'm not sure if the exhaust or fuel/brake lines will be in the way.

Just throwing Ideas out there. Maybe I could fab something up.
TRY THIS LINK
http://www.dodgeboy.net/news/ram/index.htm

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
67PLY said:
Thanks...

I don't think it will work though.. I didn't know how low that snubber was. It appears that it will interfere with the angle of the lift bar.

Making it clear that snubber will make the bracket too long (flexibility becomes an issue) and will interfere with ground clearance.

Okay... back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I think this is what we all should be looking into! Everyone seems fixated on more ponys and torque but we can't even put the power to the pavement with the stock motor much less TT's and SC's.

I would invest in a good set of traction bars and another wheel-tire (road slicks)combination if they were available!

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
9 seconds said:
Craigs Venom truck doesn't seem to have any problems with slicks, launching at 4500 rpm. I don't see the need.
Your are right 9 sec but has any info on the wheel and tire combo been posted? Maybe I missed it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts