SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone having problems with their O.E.M. Stereos:

Before you take your truck in for a new CD player, buy one of those cheap CD lens cleaner discs and try it.

If the unit starts acting weird it could be because the laser has dust in it's eye. The CDs themselves have navigational info. imbedded in the disc and if the lens can't read it properly, and because the rest of the unit (Eject, FF: Rewind, Track Selection, Disc Selection, etc.), takes it's cue from the microprocessor (downstream of the lens), it can get really confused if it can't read it properly.

I work construction, so I use the disc when needed and everything is fine again for several months. No more- "CD ERROR"

Ron

·
Registered
967 Posts
Excellent info - thanks!

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
When my cd broke it had 5 cd's in it and wouldnt let me do anything. It just clicked and clunked back en forth. I wouldnt even be able to insert the cleaner cd.

That is a great idea if you get the cd error on the player. I never got that, mine just broke.

patrick

·
Registered
625 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:
When my cd broke it had 5 cd's in it and wouldnt let me do anything. It just clicked and clunked back en forth. I wouldnt even be able to insert the cleaner cd.

That is a great idea if you get the cd error on the player. I never got that, mine just broke.

patrick
same way mine broke, truck acted like it didn't even have a cd player

·
Registered
111 Posts
That is what my first player did, CD Error 5 CD's inside no way to get them out. They replaced the unit under warranty, and a few weeks later I got my CD's back in the mail.

:/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts