SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The oem steering wheel started to peel off on the top and it got gradually worse.
so i decided to fix it. In the end i went for a Grant Revolution steering wheel.
The picture is poor quality taken with my mobile....

The wheel gives a more solid feel and has ergonomic formed areas. I was a little concerned if the black would match with the grey airbag from my '06. But it turned out fine.
It's a DIY which takes 45 minutes. instructions are delivered with the wheel and are easy to follow.
The only problem is deconnection of the battery. One needs to turn the wheel left and right to loosen the airbag bolts at the back of the wheel.
So, or one needs to lift the front wheels of the ground or one needs to start the engine to turn the wheels. I decided to i leave the battery connected and made sure not to turn on the ignition when the airbag was out to avoid airbag out alerts. I also took care not to be in the range of the air bag at all times.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
That looks awesome! My '06 wheel is also cracked and peeling around the top, it's the worst part of the interior. Good to know you're happy with how it turned out, I may have to look into this myself. Thanks for posting, I'd love to see more pics if you've got them.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks awesome! My '06 wheel is also cracked and peeling around the top, it's the worst part of the interior. Good to know you're happy with how it turned out, I may have to look into this myself. Thanks for posting, I'd love to see more pics if you've got them.
I'll try to make some pictures when i got my reflex camera around. maybe tomorrow.

Mine peeled the same way, at the top. Almost like a viper that is changing skin.....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not do bring it back from the dead but if love to get one too. Mines all smooth from normal use. A new wheel will give it an all new feel and make it not feel like it has 92k on the clock.

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
I ended up putting on the same wheel. The fit and finish are not top notch but the price and installation make it worthwhile. They say they offer a partial refund for returning your OEM wheel but after ten emails and a phone call to Grant they have never acknowledged my request to turn mine in. Oh well, it still looks pretty good!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mine is an 06 also. At this age I think most of them do need a new steering wheel. Thanks for the post. Gives me some options.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts