SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a Optima Battery in my new to me SRT10, I do not have the manual for the truck. Is there anything I need to be aware of before I unhook the original battery?

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,625 Posts
Not that I'm aware of. I haven't heard of anyone having secondary issues after a battery change

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
I used to have an Optima in the truck but had some issues with it losing charge.Had a couple replace under warranty.I switched to the biggest Interstate they make.Optima is owned by interstate BTW.You can`t recharge the Optima the conventional way.it has to be piggybacked off another battery so that means back to the dealer or Optima.Hope you have better luck than I do.

I have two Optimas in the SS with no issues....go figure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have Optimas in all my vehicles and have never had a problem, I guess there are lemons out there.

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
I am installing a Optima Battery in my new to me SRT10, I do not have the manual for the truck. Is there anything I need to be aware of before I unhook the original battery?
make sure that you are using a metal wrench...standing with bare feet on a concrete pad...and touch the leads together....:D

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
make sure that you are using a metal wrench...standing with bare feet on a concrete pad...and touch the leads together....:D
.....and in a puddle of water.:crying:

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
in the rain.....and change the plugs while the motor's running, too....

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
And touch your tongue to the leads to check for spark.

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
yes.....that too....how could i forget....

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,625 Posts
Dan, go have another beer and leave the mechanical work to the sober

Dave, your supposed to be in your Photo 99.5 Class, go!

Jeff

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Bwaaa!:tongue-ti

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
What color Optima's does everyone use? I bought a yellow-top for the 07' Wrangler late last year, but never got around to putting it in. I've kept it charged up and plan to put it in the SRT in place of the stock battery.

Dan, you have a mean streak in you, don't you?!

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,625 Posts
I can't say, never had to change out the battery in the 10....

Yes, Dan has a mean streak. If you hit your thumb as many times as he has with a hammer, you'd have a mean streak too!

J

·
Site SUPER Moderator
6,688 Posts

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
Yellow is a deep cycle for big stereo and accessory loads.In the SS I have a yellow top in back for the stereo and a red top in the front for starting.

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
Dan, go have another beer and leave the mechanical work to the sober

Dave, your supposed to be in your Photo 99.5 Class, go!

Jeff
yes dad:crying:

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
i'm not a mean drunk....maybe a bit more forward than usual...and less tolerant.....;)

i bought a bosch....so i don't know about the battery thing...:D

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
haha....you are...:D

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,625 Posts
The big 50 is rolling in fast

1 - 20 of 32 Posts