SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get a Christmas Card in the mail from my salesman the other day. :confused: I'm thinking it's gonna be a typical happy holidays yada yada yada come buy another truck from me. :rolleyes: Inside there was a coupon for a free oil change and filter. Now I know he probably sent one of these to all his customers, but then I started thinking, "I wonder if he knows he just sent me a $90 coupon?" :D OH WELL... his loss. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Thats awesome....

heh Bill P how about me?????? Send me a official DC coupon for a free oil change and I'll get my local dealer to perform it!!! :eek:

OK, I'll take a hat instead!!! ;)

Mele Kalikimaka

patrick

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
All I got was a calendar.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
O......nada......zip

Christmas card?
I did not get a card...............Jack

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is exactly why American cars have such a bad rap. It's not the vehicles, it's the crappy dealerships behind them. I sold my ZO6 to get the SRT-10. The worst thing about the Corvette "experience" is having to use a Chevy dealer. Sounds like the same might be true of the SRT-10 experience.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
tomato said:
This is exactly why American cars have such a bad rap. It's not the vehicles, it's the crappy dealerships behind them. I sold my ZO6 to get the SRT-10. The worst thing about the Corvette "experience" is having to use a Chevy dealer. Sounds like the same might be true of the SRT-10 experience.
I sold my C5 in June of last year. I can honestly say that I had great service from the Chevy Dealers that I delt with. They were polite, courteous, very helpful and took care of the service and driveability issues that I encountered. I had a 97 C5 and after 11 months it went back to Chevy as a "Lemon" buy back. I purchased a 98 Corvette just like the 97 and was very happy with that one. The Chevy dealer experiance for me was very good. I sold my 98 Vette just after buying the Dodge. I love the Dodge SRT-10 but am applaed at the way Dodge dealers treat customers. I am currently doing things that will void my drivetrain warranty. But that was moot anyway as the dealer didn't want to acknowledge or correct any problems. I have been treated well at Chevy, Ford, Nissan, Toyota and VW. My issues with Dodge started at 600 miles, about a week after taking delivery. The check engine light came on steady, I took it to my 5 Star selling dealer and was told " we are very busy, make an appointment and come back". Things went down hill from there. I am in the process of modding the Dodge and I know it will run hard with the V10. What a great and unique truck the SRT-10 is. With a little change of attitude at the dealer level the Dodge experiance could be great. What a shame. That is my opinion.....Jack

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
fstjack

Lots of dealers do suck but there are some good ones. My dealer who sold me the HEMI was awesome (albeit shy of my doing mods to the truck). I have spoken with them and they will hopefully stay my servicing dealer even though I did not buy the SRT from them (would have if they had a yellow fever but they were not allocated one).

I am taking my truck into the dealer I puchased it at because the drivers side door weather stripping has a small rip in it (sh1t, thought Dodge fixed this late 04..... :( ) I called them today and they said, hey bring it on down, we will check it out and if need to order a part. Well that knocked my socks off as with most dealers, it would be.... make an appointment just to tell you we have to order a part. So if they treat me good, I will stay going there in case my HEMI dealer falls through. (don't think they will let me down though)

Have you tried another dealer? Some dealers do actually have the philosophy of keeping a customer on a recurring basis and would love new business. (service and warranty work and future purchases)

Also, call Dodge again and ***** them out. I have gotten far up the ladder with Daimler (my 2001 300M was BAD) and made sure they heard me and not just 1st or second level at Daimler. I can tell you the dealer was bending over backwards for me because of it and still does with my 04 Pacifica. Daimler set them straight and so much so, I stayed a customer of theirs for my 04 purchase.

Site

·
Registered
47 Posts
Definitely good points. There are good dealers and bad. Unfortunately, I believe that the majority are bad. I had a ,98 Durango years ago, and Turlock Auto Plaza impressed me very much. They would give me a loaner car with very little arguing. The challenge is that I live 45 minutes away from them. They even took my word on a leaking front axle input shaft and ordered the parts before looking at it. This way, i did not have to drop the Durango twice - once to find out what was wrong and again after they get the parts. That's one of my pet peaves.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My dealership has made some mistakes but have fixed them. I convinced them to give me 7 years of oil changes for free, they agreed. They also waxed my truck and left swirl marks, they sent me to a body shop where they fixed that problem too in one day.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I stopped by my HEMI dealer the other day to pickup wheel locks I ordered through them. I was trying to beak the ice between us since i bought the SRT from another store. Well, spekaing with them (One of the owners) he talked alot about the SRT8 Magnum and how cool it was and how cool RT Magnums are and also about the new Charger coming out. Not once did he even glance to the front 8'x25' window where my SRT was parked. He shyed away from it big time, not even a , nice truck. He gave me my locks and said.. "If you need anything with parts, I can help you out" . I said thanks and walked away as I took that remark to be my queue.. " We don;t want your repeate service business"

The wifey thinks I should give him a shot with my first oil change because she says I may have read him wrong..

We'll see

Site

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Roktman said:
Shouldn`t have to break the ice with them.They should welcome any potential customer for their dealership.This is the complaint I have with DC ...customer service.The dealer I bought mine from is very poor . :(
Too bad you don't live in or around Omaha, as we have the best dealers in the country. Everyone from Woodhouse, Performance Dodge, Baxter would more than exceed your expectations...

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Roktman said:
Yea,I agree.I have spoken to Bill P. on E-mail a few times.A stand up guy. :)
ditto

Kevin
New Orleans

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
The Dodge dealer closer to me sent me to the next dealership up the highway with their blessings because they didn't have an SRT-10 and the next dealership had the only one in the entire state. There was one catch though, they want me to come back by and give them a ride. Because of their great attitude, I'm buying a 300C from the first dealership (My wife is 80% convinced to get an SRT-8).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts