SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Very nice install!! :cool:

Would you happen to have part #'s and some simple instructions as to what you did to get it bolted up.(How did you trim the bumper cover so clean and what did you use to trim it?) TIA

I'd really like to be able to do some towing with this thing. Seems like the clutch/slave cylinder is the weak point, otherwise no problem.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hitch

Hamrhead, The hitch part # 82207911 It retails for $109.00 and wholesales for $81.75 I had it powder coated as the factory finish was scratched and a poor paint job at that. It was a simple bolt on (YEAH) It has the most mickey mouse way of fishing with wire to get the two main bolts started.Looks good when done, I used it to to the Harley to a show. We make performance mufflers for Harleys and Hot Rods. Larry

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hitch

hamrhead, So as to not drill holes in your rear bumper cover, take it off and use carrage bolts going down thru the bumper and then replace the bumper cover. Larry

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Gotcha! I wasn't 100% on how you installed it, but I figured I'd climb under the truck and see for myself eventually. Give me some time to get a few other things worked out and I'll probably be looking to get the hitch. ;)

Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just finished my hitch install. Took the back and side plastic off to make
the process easier. the total time was 2 hous, about a 2 hammer job.
the fishing took the most time.
Bob

:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts