SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought you all might find this interesting about the clutch. i have been asking the viper mechanic at the dealership about these issues with the clutch and detuning etc.....

"Gary, I read through that thread. I am not aware of any updates to back down the horsepower. I searched my Chrysler sources and found nothing. Once you update a computer with a "flash" you can never go back to the previous "program" so I doubt seriously this reduction in horsepower exist. You can come by, I will be here Saturday, so I can get the part number out of your PCM and it run it through our system and check for updates. Let me know if you can do that and I will be more than happy to do it for you."

"I have only had one clutch issue. It was a loose pressure plate. I drove one for about 2000 miles (a Dodge buyback) and I dogged it daily and I never had any problems. I mean I was hard on it, tried to see what the truck would take. It did just fine. Maybe by December, I will be more knowledgeable on the clutch issues." David

·
Registered
220 Posts
If the flash update on the ECU wasn't to retard power at the low end, then what was the purpose of the flash update? Max horsepower could be the same even if the low rpm hp was decreased.

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Derek said:
If the flash update on the ECU wasn't to retard power at the low end, then what was the purpose of the flash update? Max horsepower could be the same even if the low rpm hp was decreased.
That could be for so many different things such as emissions, idle quality, improved cold start etc. Maybe in the early stages of production they had some problems and just issued the flash updates for certain trucks built between certain dates?? :confused:

I'm just shooting from the hip here - just speculating. :D

Here's a question for all - Can anyone find out if Vipers had a flash update during that same time period? Might shed some light on the situation.

*Good Clutch info from the Viper Mechanic - Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts