SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the attention that the clutch/transmission is getting now. I was wondering if all the repairs for the owners 2nd,3rd, and who knows how many repairs are paid by warranty or by owner. Furthermore, i would seriously be considering making the dealer give me back my money after the 2nd, or 3rd repair for the same issue, i could be wrong, but isnt there some sort of law for that? otherwise, i would be seeking some legal advice. if there is indeed a problem with the clutch/tranny, dodge either needs to 5hit or get off the pot on this one, otherwise there are going to be alot of po'd owners out there. wonder what they are going to do for the 05 models, just keep building them with the same parts, knowing they are messed up? they had better be careful if they are building known problems imo...........

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Well, my clutch did some serious slipping tonight for the first time - 3,600 miles.

Personally, I really like the truck. So, at this point, if an aftermarket clutch will fix the problem, I'm willing to purchase it - IF Dodge picks up the labor to install it. I see absolutely no point in getting them to install another OEM clutch if this one let's go after a few thousand miles.

A few owners here already have aftermarket clutches and they seem to be doing pretty well.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i like my truck also, but it only has 625 miles on it!! i am overseas right now, and i wont be home to drive it until maybe the Feb timeframe. anyway, i think dodge should pick up the tab on everything! they should fix the problem. why should it cost us the owners anything? i feel that dodge needs to come clean with all the info on our trucks.... did they detune them? whats the deal with the clutch? what are their planes to fix the problems at hand? dont get me wrong, i love my truck, i just think fair is fair.i paid for my truck, i want it to be done correctly and i think the rest of the owners would agree. im not saying our trucks are junk, i just think dodge needs to step up now.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
wheredwhogo? said:
i like my truck also, but it only has 625 miles on it!! i am overseas right now, and i wont be home to drive it until maybe the Feb timeframe. anyway, i think dodge should pick up the tab on everything! they should fix the problem. why should it cost us the owners anything? i feel that dodge needs to come clean with all the info on our trucks.... did they detune them? whats the deal with the clutch? what are their planes to fix the problems at hand? dont get me wrong, i love my truck, i just think fair is fair.i paid for my truck, i want it to be done correctly and i think the rest of the owners would agree. im not saying our trucks are junk, i just think dodge needs to step up now.
My dealer paid for the complete install. They won,t pay for aftermarket parts though. I bought my Centerforce clutcch and they installed it free of charge, they also gave me a brand new Stock clutch in the box.

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Hamrhead said:
Well, my clutch did some serious slipping tonight for the first time - 3,600 miles.
FWIW. Today it's back to normal. Chirping gears and all. ;) Guess I just overheated it last night and it needed time to cool off. :cool:

·
Registered
974 Posts
Marc T said:
My dealer paid for the complete install. They won,t pay for aftermarket parts though. I bought my Centerforce clutcch and they installed it free of charge, they also gave me a brand new Stock clutch in the box.
How did you get them to do that? What did you tell them?? Kinda need to know I might have to try that hehe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts