SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

i met with a customer today that has connections to a carbon fibre mold making shop. We were discussing my srt 10 and the lack of a good affordable CAI. He suggested Carbon fibre, I assumed it would be major expensive. He says not as bad as i think

the expensive part is the 1st original mold about $1200-1500 but after that he can make the tubes very inexpensive

would there be an market for this project

Im not looking to make money ( i have a job i work too much at now i dont need to work more) i want to cover my costs and get my buddies a sweet product and a good price

let me hear ideas

they just did mustang carbon valve covers (not carbon fibre covered but full out injection molded (not proper terms) with resin through out the covers

Jamie

·
Registered
67 Posts
Rolex, I can say that I bought one of Hennesseys cold air intakes, and it fits perfect. For 450$ it looks and does great. You can really notice a throttle responce after having it on. And yes you can really feel a power difference. It does make a big difference. I am working on a photo for everyone, but I am getting ready to leave town, so it will be on Tuesday when I get back..Kris

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool

thast what i keep toying with

but i figure if we get 10 guys to buy a carbon fibre one

and say it is $1000 for the mold and 100 each tube for 1000+1000=2000/10=200 each

could be worth it

JAmie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts