SRT10 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
SRTFirefighter said:
I knew that argument would come about. I just thought it would be less than two posts later.

I agree, you do have to pay for quality. That's why I bought a $45000 truck, but 450 for some polished metal (and that's all you're paying for) seems a little steep.

My view is that people see that we payed $45,000 and up, for a truck so they're thinkin' "Hey they got the money. Let's charge' em a ton for this cold air intake."

As for looking "clean"... it does. If you weren't told how it was made, you wouldn't have any idea. If I told you I paid $300 for it I think you would belive me.

Just my opinion... again.

And one other thing. I don't think it's "SAD" i paid 50K for a truck, but I can't afford a CAI. I think it's f'n great that I chose to spend my hard earned money on one of the best trucks in the world. And if it took me getting two additional jobs so I can afford it, then so be it. I LOVE MY TRUCK
agreed. there is also common sense as well. there is no need to blow money just to justify it with "well your truck cost a lot".
i dont have to go buy a $10,000 stainless gas grill with auto butt-wipe to cook a center cut tenderloin. my home-depot summer close out special will cook it just the same.

·
Registered
974 Posts
SRTFirefighter said:
I knew that argument would come about. I just thought it would be less than two posts later.

I agree, you do have to pay for quality. That's why I bought a $45000 truck, but 450 for some polished metal (and that's all you're paying for) seems a little steep.

My view is that people see that we payed $45,000 and up, for a truck so they're thinkin' "Hey they got the money. Let's charge' em a ton for this cold air intake."

As for looking "clean"... it does. If you weren't told how it was made, you wouldn't have any idea. If I told you I paid $300 for it I think you would belive me.

Just my opinion... again.

And one other thing. I don't think it's "SAD" i paid 50K for a truck, but I can't afford a CAI. I think it's f'n great that I chose to spend my hard earned money on one of the best trucks in the world. And if it took me getting two additional jobs so I can afford it, then so be it. I LOVE MY TRUCK
Agreed, No sence in being totaly blind. Only the foolishly rich can just throw their money at something having no concern for it's true value.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
BOOMER said:
agreed. there is also common sense as well. there is no need to blow money just to justify it with "well your truck cost a lot".
i dont have to go buy a $10,000 stainless gas grill with auto butt-wipe to cook a center cut tenderloin. my home-depot summer close out special will cook it just the same.
Hmm. so the fact that I have one of these http://www.rasmussen.biz/grills/refG.html for the front porch and one for the back porch an issue? ;)

Craig

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
SRT10x3 said:
Hmm. so the fact that I have one of these http://www.rasmussen.biz/grills/refG.html for the front porch and one for the back porch an issue? ;)

Craig

No - Not an issue. It just means YOU'RE hosting the first country-wide Ram SRT-10 block party! :p :D Probably the second and third too! ;)

I'll bring my truck with it's cheap-ass CAI! (Ya think you could forward me some cash for gas?:rolleyes: )

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
QuikSilvrSRT said:
All I can say is that to have quality, sometimes you have to pay the price. It is pretty sad, that you can buy a Fifty Thousand dollar truck, but you can not afford a CAI. Lets get our priorities in line, and do the right, and clean looking thing. Some times you have to pay for quality!!!!!!!
qqqqqqqqqquuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkk- :confused:
you can save that for somebody else- there are some of us who just fall above that line of being able to afford this truck- sure we can that has nothing(IMO) to do with what we're willing to spend on aftermarket BS- I think most assume that since it has a viper motor all that overpriced viper **** applies to us as well- It is just a dodge truck people-........??? well a very nice one

·
Registered
974 Posts
SRT10x3 said:

Craig
My point exactly... I have no problem with that at all. My point was not everyone is well todo...We live nicely but have to manage our money differently. I am sure you weren't born with a silver spoon in your mouth so you surely understand where were coming from... You must be yanking our chain
:D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Look it's like this, you sit there and bust my chops for buying a part from a very reputable shop for a price you consider to high. That's your opion and sure your entitled to it. But then when I come back at you, you all freak out over it?

I posted the thread to say THANKS and give a THUMBS up to someone who deserved it.

Come on the difference between men and boys is the price of their toys. You guys need to put the tinker toys away and graduate to the real deal.

Secondly I work my butt off 24X7, and don't have the leisure of being a desk jockey or being at home with my friends and family. So let it be known I wasn't born with it, I earned it. If I want to spend $$ on an CAI, that's my business. I was merly thanking John for taking the time in talking to me. He even tried talking me out of the part saying that K&N was more than likely to come out with their own that would be cheaper.

So basically your all getting bent out of shape because I don't feeli like waiting for K&N, nor do I want to have a Lowe's special PVC plastic crap pipe under my hood.

OH P.S. If you don't know the difference of having a good grill makes, maybe you should swap your grilling tools with the wife for her skirt!

·
Registered
329 Posts
WOW!! Talk about your getting bent out of shape. I never once busted YOUR chops about buying the piece. Go ahead and go back to read. I'll wait.............................................. The fact is you busted my balls for buying the crap pipe... remember.

You're right, you can spend your money any way you like. But I can't remember the last time I bought something that the person who made the damb thing said "don't buy this." That's just plane ignorance.

Oh, and smooth move taken a shot at boomer for using an anology. :rolleyes:

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go light my tinker toys on fire so I can graduate to the more expensive Lego's and become a man. Crap, there's another anology.

All State Smart Ass '93 '94 '95

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
SRTFirefighter said:
LIAR!!. We all know I have '90-'99 wrapped up for the State Champs!
Oh wait, I'm in Florida ;)

Craig

·
Registered
829 Posts
SRTFirefighter said:
Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go light my tinker toys on fire so I can graduate to the more expensive Lego's and become a man. Crap, there's another anology.

NO, not the tinker toys! :(

·
Registered
157 Posts
QuikSilvrSRT said:
Look it's like this, you sit there and bust my chops for buying a part from a very reputable shop for a price you consider to high. That's your opion and sure your entitled to it. But then when I come back at you, you all freak out over it?

I posted the thread to say THANKS and give a THUMBS up to someone who deserved it.

Come on the difference between men and boys is the price of their toys. You guys need to put the tinker toys away and graduate to the real deal.

Secondly I work my butt off 24X7, and don't have the leisure of being a desk jockey or being at home with my friends and family. So let it be known I wasn't born with it, I earned it. If I want to spend $$ on an CAI, that's my business. I was merly thanking John for taking the time in talking to me. He even tried talking me out of the part saying that K&N was more than likely to come out with their own that would be cheaper.

So basically your all getting bent out of shape because I don't feeli like waiting for K&N, nor do I want to have a Lowe's special PVC plastic crap pipe under my hood.

OH P.S. If you don't know the difference of having a good grill makes, maybe you should swap your grilling tools with the wife for her skirt!

Like i said.........qqqqqqqqquuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaacccccccccckkkkkkkkk, again!
Dude,i feel comfy speaking for a few of us when i say- your the one who needs to change your TAMPON- take a deep breath,...you'll be done bleeding in a few days- and your little bitchiness will go away soon-PROMISE

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
That's right, you just called me crazy and re-emphaized your points about buying a low budget part. I forgot there were rules that kept one worded punch lines from being considered busting another mans balls or chops.

Did you check John's post about his cost's associated with his CAI? In his case the CAI isn't a mainstream money generator, his bread and butter is in bigger mods which is where he's made his mark. So your not just paying for parts, your paying for some one to go out of their way to provide a product that is taking time away from there other projects. I'll give you this, you bought a damn sweet truck that really doesn't need any mods to it at all. If your happy with the way you pulled off your CAI and have noticed gains then GREAT! I'm glad you've obtained added joy, in your own way. I'm a different animal, if I see something and I want it, I'll go after it. John worked with me, so done deal. Do I think the price is on the high side... sure, but I'm a stickler about everything I do to my vehicles, it's just not how it works but how it looks. I'm willing to pay the price associated with that.

·
Registered
329 Posts
SRT10x3 said:
LIAR!!. We all know I have '90-'99 wrapped up for the State Champs!
Oh wait, I'm in Florida ;)

Craig
Did I meet you on the tour? :D

·
Registered
447 Posts
SRTFirefighter said:
Did I meet you on the tour? :D
I knew I'd met you guys before.....at the '98 National Sarcastic Finals in Beaumont, TX.
Remember David Spade and Ron White were judges?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
nothnbutrouble said:
SRT 10 X 3 ... Mt Dora is not that far away...I will bring the venison brats for that killer grill!!
HAHA. Yea, bring some Hot Italian sausage too. I've Coors, MGD, and New Castle on tap.

Yep, David Spade was a whoot!

I was the one with the "Whatever!" paddle in the air ;)

Craig

·
Registered
10 Posts
ditto that also hamrhead.

Very few will pay more than 2 bills for an elbow and filter... Hell, I'll polish the elbow myself in 1 or 2 hours if I feel the need.

Post up when you get the prices down. I'd bet we could do a group purchase almost immediately!

·
Banned
901 Posts
Sounds like a future road trip!!! I get up to Dunnellon once or twice a year...the guys lost golf weekends.
Pig roast...poker...and Crown on the rocks!!!
Friend of ours has 8 acres on the Withalacootchee River...Mt Dora should not be that much farther off.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts