SRT10 Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jeez, I thought us Lightning owners got ripped off on our parts. That price is insane. Hell I got a CAI for my Dakota that looks identical to that one for $99. Not to mention they sell almost an identical kit on eBay for like $50. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7910869740&category=38634
I agree its chrome and not polished aluminum but good lord. I am friends with a guy who fabs custom aluminum intakes and he told me he can get a manrel bent aluminium elbow just like that for less than $50 (unpolished). There's no way in hell that system costs $310 to make. More like $100 for materials and maybe 30 minutes worth of labor to polish the elbow. I'm all for making an honest living but that's out right usery. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
974 Posts
dealerjim said:
Jeez, I thought us Lightning owners got ripped off on our parts. That price is insane. Hell I got a CAI for my Dakota that looks identical to that one for $99. Not to mention they sell almost an identical kit on eBay for like $50. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7910869740&category=38634
I agree its chrome and not polished aluminum but good lord. I am friends with a guy who fabs custom aluminum intakes and he told me he can get a manrel bent aluminium elbow just like that for less than $50 (unpolished). There's no way in hell that system costs $310 to make. More like $100 for materials and maybe 30 minutes worth of labor to polish the elbow. I'm all for making an honest living but that's out right usery. Just my 2 cents.
Agreeded!! The mans prices on everything are WTFM.... :cool:

·
Registered
974 Posts
Check this out he raised his prices on the CAI to 600.00
"1496 - 2004 Ram SRT10 Cold Air Induction
Gains 10 hp. Cost: $600. This item is now in production and we are taking orders on a first come first serve basis. "

Long tube headders are now @ 3,500.00 :confused:

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Theres a 51.00 air aid cleanable drop in which in my opinion is still a better set up since the stock set up is a true cold air set-up.

When someone comes out with a set up that replaces the stock air tube and has a good heat shield then I will purchase one.

Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
29 Posts
i will more than likely go with a supercharger for the ram or else i would order one of them.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts