SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Dayum I wish these things could tow!!! :mad:

That truck is schweeeeet! Very Nice! :cool: (My favorite color too!)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They were probobly the hardest badges i've ever removed. But with a little patience and a cold one, they came off after about 4 hours. BEst thing i've done the truck.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BOOMER said:
dental floss
Thats not what I did.

Basically, all I do is I take a head gun, slightly warm up the badges, and then peel them off. If you warm them too much, they will not come off. NExt thing to do is take some advesive remover, like 3M's advesive remover, and rub off the remainder badge advesive. After that, just take some wax and buff to a shine. Sometimes it works great, other times its a pain in the butt. You have to be careful with the heating process as you might heat the area to much and cook the paint and/or the badge.

·
Registered
18 Posts
thats not darth vaders ride, mine is.

i will have pics up soon.

i got black powdercoated 20's, now thats BLACK

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't have an SRT-10 but I do have a 3rd gen ram. I just used Fishing line to saw beneath the RAM 1500, DODGE, HEMI, and SLT badge then used what fingernails I had at the time to get the rubber backing off. After that I used goo gone to wipe away the remaining adhesive.. have yet to wax it since, so when there's dew on the truck you can see where the badges were :D. very easy took about 5 hours.. just a long time staking process.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's the latest update on D.Vader:

I had a Snug Top SL lid put on it, to where I installed the spoiler on top. I didn't think I was going to like it, but I loved it after I got the cahones to drill into the top.

Along with that, he's gotten the first simulated production exhaust from Magnaflow. I haven't had the chance to show the actuall exhaust kit, but you get the important part at least.

And lost but not least....gotta love the custom plates! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad to see somebody got that! :D
Wait til you see the Darth Vader shifter im making!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Love the viper logo on the truck

my srt 10 has no side badges now (door is being re painted)

and im not sure the red looks as good as the black with out badges (yours is killer looking)

PS did you buy your snug lid locally or order it??

Im in MI and cannot find a hard tonneau to work with the wing

JAmie

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I found the cover locally. I guess it helps that they're manufactured 30 miles away also.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Rolex Dr. said:
PS did you buy your snug lid locally or order it??

Im in MI and cannot find a hard tonneau to work with the wing

JAmie

I'm in the same boat. There are no dealers around me to pick up a Snugtop at either? Does anyone know of a place to order one through and not be killed with shipping?

David

1 - 17 of 17 Posts