SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, need some help/recommendations. Line blew right off the power steering pump and after WEEKS (almost a full month) of the dealership trying to fix it, they threw in the towel and I was told that a conversion kit would be needed as the parts for the stock system aren’t manufactured any more. They went through several pumps and apparently the “check valve” (?) that helps build or regulate pressure kept being forced open and wouldn’t close.

Anyways, anyone have this issue?? What fixed it and if you had to go aftermarket for the conversion kit, who’d you go with? Any help is beyond appreciated!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys, need some help/recommendations. Line blew right off the power steering pump and after WEEKS (almost a full month) of the dealership trying to fix it, they threw in the towel and I was told that a conversion kit would be needed as the parts for the stock system aren’t manufactured any more. They went through several pumps and apparently the “check valve” (?) that helps build or regulate pressure kept being forced open and wouldn’t close.

Anyways, anyone have this issue?? What fixed it and if you had to go aftermarket for the conversion kit, who’d you go with? Any help is beyond appreciated!
I had same problem with line blowing out of pump ,only problem is the fitting ,from dealer you have to buy hose separately from fitting had no problem with the hose dealer fitting don't work right line don't snap in and stay in .....you have to buy fitting from dorman I used that one and has been fine since....about two years.....can buy aftermarket lines but wanted my truck all original

1 - 2 of 2 Posts