SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping somebody on here could give me some insight on the issues I'm currently having with my truck. Recently the check engine light came on, I got a reading saying injector 5 misfire. So I took it to the dealer and they are saying everything in the injector reads fine, the fault lies in the pcm. I did a little research and most I've seen is its rare for a pcm to go bad. My mechanic genius is mild at best but I was curious if this sounds a legit issue or potentially a misdiagnosis? They also say a pcm for this vehicle is a discontinued part which I'm sure Is true but is there an after market pcm that can be used? Or if anyone knows of any other issues that could be resulting in a check engine/ injector 5 misfire. (P0205) also he showed me my rear diff axle magnet, which showed some metal shavings and a small chunk of metal on it. He recommended a re-built rear end, is this a priority fix or is he exaggerating? (Rear end is under warranty so I'll get it fixed, I was just curious on second opinions) any info is much appreciated thanks

This is a 2004 srt-10

·
Registered
475 Posts
If your under warranty get the diff replaced for sure, as for the PCM I would check the wiring at the injector and maybe even replace the injector, reset PCM and then see how it is. These PCM's are extremely difficult to get. Good luck bud......

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
how many miles are on the truck?

i have a bit over 70k on my truck and the clutches are bad... but it's been raced... i had to rebuild my last one at 90k...

the PCM COULD be the problem. disconnect the battery and touch both leads to each other for about 15 seconds. then reconnect your battery... try that first... and yes... the PCM's are getting hard to find...

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,629 Posts
If you need a PCM, call Dan Lesser (716) 912-5336

He's the only one I know that has them

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,629 Posts
Oh, don't go to x2builders... they'll sell you one for retail regardless if it works or not

·
Registered
314 Posts
Good to know about X2. I was wondering about them. Almost bought a used engine from them but decided to rebuild mine. Can't see doing this job twice. I'm not that lucky to gat a good bone yard motor.

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,629 Posts
Yea, I used to recommend X2builders a lot until I started hearing back that they are difficult to work with... I'll leave it at that

1 - 11 of 11 Posts