SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw a Silver SRT-10 parked in the front of the lot at Virginia Beach Dodge the other day so I stopped by to take a look. The hood was up and I was just checking it out when a salesman came over. He got the keys and let me start it up, but not drive it. That was okay, I just wanted to see how the interior looked and felt as I am 6-4, 250 lbs. Very comfortable with plenty of leg and shoulder room, by the way. I told him that I already have a Ford Lightning and was really interested in the new Quad Cab SRT-10. (no need for 2 two-door hot rod trucks). Yesterday the salesman calls me and tells me there will be no Quad Cab, only the Reg Cab, for 2005. Is this just a case of an uninformed salesman, or has Dodge had a change of plans?

By the way, they were aking $5995 over MSRP for the Silver '04.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
gotta be a dumb salesman!!! Maybe "they" just arnt getting any. I had a salesman tell me the you didnt need the red start button to start the truck, you just turn the key! What a idiot. This aint no Neon dude!!! :p

patrick

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
I am also 6'4"/250 and while my Lightning had plenty of room, the SRT has even more, in every direction. I find it to be an extremely comfortable ride.

$5,995 OVER MSRP?? :eek: No thanks. Of course, that is just what they're asking. If the truck sits on their lot long enough, I'm sure they'll come to their senses. :p

·
Registered
235 Posts
One of the stealerships down the street has a blk one with 43 miles on it in the showroom, and they are still asking 10 over mrsp talking about market value adjustment, whatever!

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
10k over.....what a bunch of greedy bastards!!! 43 miles,,,,I imagine they are HARD miles as well. Check the wheel wells for rubber!! Thats about 30 miles too many...

patrick

·
Registered
301 Posts
All the magazines and TV shows have already shown the QC SRT. They is even someone on the forum that ordered a solar yellow one. Lazy salesmen! :cool:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Whoops, we must ta bin out partying the night before, as not only are they doing a Quad Cab, it will show up on his Dealer Connect to order. We have 4 on order and would be happy to do another. The truck may be a bit delayed, but they are building some right now, in a very interesting color.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler,Dodge, Jeep, Viper, and Viper Truck
1-800-889-1893
[email protected]

PS -Keep in mind that Dealers that sell a lot of trucks are going to get a better allocation than others. Truck sales on the East Coast are very light, so ,yes , he may have been trying to sell what he has, knowing he may only get 1-2 QuadCabs.

·
Registered
91 Posts
well,

my dealer now says he will NOT be getting the yellow quad cab. he says they are being sent out as bonuses for buying more dcx products only, so not a sure thing.
GGG... i was looking forward to the yellow!
hey bill, was the yellow the "interesting color" you mentioned?

·
Registered
61 Posts
edgebar said:
well,

my dealer now says he will NOT be getting the yellow quad cab. he says they are being sent out as bonuses for buying more dcx products only, so not a sure thing.
GGG... i was looking forward to the yellow!
hey bill, was the yellow the "interesting color" you mentioned?
Are you refering to the pearl or candy orange??

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well, I am not leaking anything, as everyone already knows, there will be some loverly yellow beasts coming out and I likes them alot. Fortunately we will get more than one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts