SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not looking to start a flame war here, just looking for your honest opinions.

I have a 2002 L with pulley/chip/cai. Suppose I ran into the owner of a brand new SRT-10 and, for his first race, he picked me. If that guy was you, and it was your three week old SRT-10, would you be disappointed in the results? I'm not saying that it would make the SRT-10 any less of a truck...it is certainly an awesome machine.

On the flip side, if a new SRT-10 still beat me, I would be disappointed for sure :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
sammy said:
I'm not looking to start a flame war here, just looking for your honest opinions.

I have a 2002 L with pulley/chip/cai. Suppose I ran into the owner of a brand new SRT-10 and, for his first race, he picked me. If that guy was you, and it was your three week old SRT-10, would you be disappointed in the results? I'm not saying that it would make the SRT-10 any less of a truck...it is certainly an awesome machine.

On the flip side, if a new SRT-10 still beat me, I would be disappointed for sure :)

Not add to the BS...there is no owner with a SRT-10 on the street currently.

If want action wait until real owners get a hold of the product and see the results.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hemidakota said:
Not add to the BS...there is no owner with a SRT-10 on the street currently.

If want action wait until real owners get a hold of the product and see the results.

& if wnat gramer go wher?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Sorry Sammy. I am not here to beat down your comment. I pretty much know what is happening on this project.

The only vehicles on the street right now are dealership show product trucks. There is no release until December 10th for those on preorders and January at the local PVO authorized dealerships.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
sammy said:
I'm not looking to start a flame war here, just looking for your honest opinions.

I have a 2002 L with pulley/chip/cai. Suppose I ran into the owner of a brand new SRT-10 and, for his first race, he picked me. If that guy was you, and it was your three week old SRT-10, would you be disappointed in the results? I'm not saying that it would make the SRT-10 any less of a truck...it is certainly an awesome machine.

On the flip side, if a new SRT-10 still beat me, I would be disappointed for sure :)
I agree with Hemi, that its a bit early to get worked up over the estimated performance results. The numbers at this point dont quite add up, 500hp, >500ft/lbs, 200 lbs heavier then the Lightning and only 1 tenth faster?

Either the stick hurts it that much, or we dont really have accurate figures yet.

I do agree with you that both trucks are awesome, and I owned a 99L and may own it again. Stock for stock, from a roll, I still expect the SRT-10 to beat the L.. (not the new concept L, but the Gen2) -- From a stop, I would expect the Gen2 L to win, due to the advantage of the automatic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hrmm, I guess my post wasn't very clear. What I was saying was, the SVT-10 is squarely aimed at the L, and if a new owner of an SVT-10 raced me, he would probably lose. If I was stock, probably not. He wouldn't know I had 600 dollars worth of mods. Would he be disappointed? Very. Would a modded SVT-10 beat me? Probably. Is there always someone out there faster? Yes.

The point is, we are getting way way way to wrapped up in numbers here. I guess I'm afraid we'll run into the old "sticker v. hp" war. You know, L guy says "my truck is 20k less, and with 600 worth of mods it's faster" and the SVT-10 guy says "my truck is faster w/o voiding the warranty" blah blah blah

The L is a fabulous truck, I know this first hand. From all indications, the SVT-10 will be a worth competitor, and it's about damn time there was some competition in this segment of the market.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
sammy said:
Hrmm, I guess my post wasn't very clear. What I was saying was, the SVT-10 is squarely aimed at the L, and if a new owner of an SVT-10 raced me, he would probably lose. If I was stock, probably not. He wouldn't know I had 600 dollars worth of mods. Would he be disappointed? Very. Would a modded SVT-10 beat me? Probably. Is there always someone out there faster? Yes.

The point is, we are getting way way way to wrapped up in numbers here. I guess I'm afraid we'll run into the old "sticker v. hp" war. You know, L guy says "my truck is 20k less, and with 600 worth of mods it's faster" and the SVT-10 guy says "my truck is faster w/o voiding the warranty" blah blah blah

The L is a fabulous truck, I know this first hand. From all indications, the SVT-10 will be a worth competitor, and it's about damn time there was some competition in this segment of the market.
Exactly. Almost any argument is valid or invalid based on your perspective at looking at that argument.

The SRT-10 is more expensive then the Gen2 L, of that, there is no question. Possibly, the next gen Lightning will be at the same price point as the SRT-10.

It is possible that the SRT-10 with a few bolt ons might net a big horsepower jump as well, its honestly too early to tell.

The only racing happening between the two right now is bench racing, and honestly, why bother ;) We'll have plenty of time to debate until we are blue in the face once the trucks are actually released. Why jump the gun :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,494 Posts
sammy said:
the SVT-10 is squarely aimed at the L
Really? Sure don't see it "clearly". I see it more like the Viper going after the Corvette. I think you'll see that not very many SRT-10 buyers were going to be Lightning buyers. I know I wasn't. My "game plan" is to suprise a few Vettes on the street, strip, and road course. Not because I hate them, but because I think that beating them will be really doing something. Heck, I plan to go after some of my friends Vipers too. As for being beaten by a Ford pick-up, that remains to be seen but I won't loose sleep over it. But I don't plan to stay stock for long either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
9 seconds said:
Really? Sure don't see it "clearly". I see it more like the Viper going after the Corvette. I think you'll see that not very many SRT-10 buyers were going to be Lightning buyers. I know I wasn't. My "game plan" is to suprise a few Vettes on the street, strip, and road course. Not because I hate them, but because I think that beating them will be really doing something. Heck, I plan to go after some of my friends Vipers too. As for being beaten by a Ford pick-up, that remains to be seen but I won't loose sleep over it. But I don't plan to stay stock for long either.
I wonder how well two T66's would spool with 500 cubes spooling them :)
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top