SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to pass something on for the people that do not have a new exhaust on there SRT-10. It makes the truck to hear a rumble, gurgle when you let off of the throttle. It is a instant hard on when you let off of the gas. I can even say that I put it on in 2 hours with no jack stand or lifting. You just need to drop the spare tire to make it a little easier to get the back section of the exhaust off. Call MOFO and he will hook you up.
Have fun!!! :D

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Oh your getting me excited here.....mine just showed up, thanks Mofo ...cant wait to install. My stock muffler does that gurggle thing and I love it....if the magnaflow only fattens that up more then hell yeah!!! :D I am getting tired of explaining why a v 10 is not loud!!!! I keep getting asked "why isnt it loud if you have 500HP??!!!! I tell ya what, I give ya a ride and scare the sh#t out of ya with the power.....how do you like them apples!!! ;)

Fridays are magical arnt they!!! aloha

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Patrick - just be careful removing the stock exhaust. I wrapped my stock tips in a towel before removal in case they touched the paint. Didn't want any scratches! Left the Magnaflow tips in the bubble wrap as well while being installed.

Also, watch when you remove the stock muffler - It's friggin' HUGE!!

I love the burble/backfire when I let off the gas!! I can only imagine it with long-tubes and a full exhaust! :cool: :eek: :D

·
Registered
301 Posts
Magnaflow rumble

Just installed my magnaflow today and it sounds GREAT! That rumble when you let off the throttle does create wood! Does it run any better? Who cares! Bought my magnaflow from Hottexhaust.com in Toronto. Free shipping. Cost $470. The tips are so much better looking than the stock ones too. The neighbors will hear me start up at 6:00 am now. That's priceless. :D

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
The rumble from letting off the gas has always been there. However much more pronounced with the Magnaflo cat back system.

Even better when the down stream cats have been eliminated!!!!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
MISSED MY MAGNAFLOW!!! Damb Fedex guy came today and I wasn't here. Should be back tomorrow. Can't wait. Especially since you guys have started hypin' it up even more than before.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Hamrhead

thanks for the tips....wrapping with a towel is a great idea as well as leaving on the bubble wrap. My hemi stock muffler was a scud missle it was so huge. I can only imagine this one is gonna be similar.

I have always had the gurrgle sound too, and yes I downshift to hear it as well. If the magnaflow makes it more pronounced, well all right then....time for some fun. So should I install my new stuff now at 354 miles or wait till I go over the 500 break in period? Does it really matter at all?

On a side not I had a date with a very cute 24 year old tonight and come back to the hotrod after an ocean front dinner and walk on the beach to head over to my place and some bird has shat all over my hood including the viper powered badge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude its not a toyota??? ITS a viper truck....that was just wrong!!! :eek: No more braking for birds, I am gonna roast em just like srtfirefighter does!! ;)

patrick

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yeah I think they've been spreading the word that I killed one of their own. I had three plops on mine the other day. F those f'n birds!!! :mad: I'll do it again if I have to. I ain't skeeeeerd!

·
Registered
210 Posts
well....170 miles and the snugtop is installed,the rear is dropped one and a half inches,the bed rug with led lights are in the bed,the spoiler is back on and i just installed my magnaflow exhaust .not too much trouble except sealing the front pipes. couldnt get it to seal even with exhaust pipe sealer...so i put a saddle clamp behind the strap clamp,that sealed it! i didnt unhook the battery though did anyone else have a hard time sealing the exhaust or am i the only one? is it possible to over tighten the strap clamps? i broke one of the bolts at 60 ft lbs. the sound is real good i agree with you guys.

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
After installing the cat-back and the initial tightening, my front pipes were leaking a little. I crawled under there a few days later and tightened them up some more. I pretty certain they're sealed up now. :cool:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You guys are not the only one. I thought that it was just me. I thought that I did something wrong. Both of my pipes on the front side are leaking, I was just going to worry about it when I finish the rest of the exhaust!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
IT'S ON!!! AND I LOVE IT!!! Just finished up a couple hours ago with the magnaflow and it sounds awesome. Got some great footage of before and after. Now I just have to figure out a way to get it on here. have to edit some of it first. I'll let everyone know when I'm done with that part then we'll go from there.

Footage includes: stock revs, magnaflow revs, burnout, and drive by at about 110. I've already watched it 5 times and it makes me smile every time.

Thanks Larry!!

Stay tuned (pun intended).

·
Registered
974 Posts
SRTFirefighter said:
IT'S ON!!! AND I LOVE IT!!! Just finished up a couple hours ago with the magnaflow and it sounds awesome. Got some great footage of before and after. Now I just have to figure out a way to get it on here. have to edit some of it first. I'll let everyone know when I'm done with that part then we'll go from there.

Footage includes: stock revs, magnaflow revs, burnout, and drive by at about 110. I've already watched it 5 times and it makes me smile every time.

Thanks Larry!!

Too Kewl, can't wait to see it. If you need a place to host the video let me know...

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
SRTFirefighter said:

Thanks Larry!!

Dude this is so much fun!!!!!!! I cant hardly wait ......I will be installing mine later this week...

If dodge sent prospective buyers to this site they would close a lot more deals on these hotrods!!!!!!!!! Who can resist all this enthusiasm like yours srtfirefighter!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME

·
Registered
329 Posts
Ok, I finally got the video down to a size that I can e-mail. Now how do I get it on here? It's not as long as I had hoped (had to edit to just the meat and taters) still pretty cool though.

·
Registered
974 Posts
SRTFirefighter said:
Ok, I finally got the video down to a size that I can e-mail. Now how do I get it on here? It's not as long as I had hoped (had to edit to just the meat and taters) still pretty cool though.
Emaill the full version to me and I'll host it on my server.. Then just link it to my server so all can view.. If you want to do this PM me

1 - 19 of 19 Posts