SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK with the Quad Cab SRT-10 Ram truck now out with auto tranny, V10 and bigger brakes, why can't dodge use those parts on the Durango and debut a Dodge Durango SRT-10 version?

Heck even the 22 inch wheels would fit, same bolt pattern and plenty of clearence.

What do you guys think? Would you buy a 525 HP, properly styled Dodge Durango with a V10, auto, bigger breaks and 22 inch wheels for $45K?

I certainly would.

I can see it now, "World fastest SUV!" "Faster than the Cayenne at half the price!"

Do think there would be a market for this?

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
I think DC would have to do some major look changes before this would fly. Just my opinion but I think the front end just plain UGLY! I think there is too much change required to the engine bay to get the V10 to fit that it isn't profitable to build. And lose the roof rack too. :D

·
Registered
732 Posts
ok maybe not a durango

but how about a full size ram SUV like a surburban

with a v 10, auto, 22 in rims and a lot of room for stuff

JD

·
Registered
301 Posts
OK fine. That would work. Doesn't the mexican market have a suburban like vehicle that's not available in the states? SRT-10s built in Mexico? Might work. :confused:

·
Registered
732 Posts
hmmmmmm not sure on the SUV in mexico

wait yes they do/ did its the old ramcharger

will ask the old man as soon as he get in the house (he is battling the cold putting up x mas lights)

no before you jump on me for not helping remember i gave him a srt 10 ram

LOL

JD

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great input folks thanks. I agree about the Durango styling. I have an '03 Durango and the new one IMHO looks like a mommy mobile. Very minivanish.

I was thinking more along the lines of this>

Attachments

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I'm with the other guys. Not so sure it would be as easy drop in and would look a lot like a Viper Caravan ;) I can't stand the styling of the new durango. Real nice on the inside though...just not my cup o tea.

·
Registered
599 Posts
womsterr said:
I'm with the other guys. Not so sure it would be as easy drop in and would look a lot like a Viper Caravan ;) I can't stand the styling of the new durango. Real nice on the inside though...just not my cup o tea.

exactly... The redesigned durango is a souped up caravan.

·
Registered
732 Posts
yup may look like a van but rides very nice

but at least is does not have a blue oval

LOL

gota bust the chops on the fords

·
Registered
34 Posts
Personally, I'd rather see an SRT version of the new Dakota before a Durango. Granted, the looks of the Dakota still haven't grown on me, I think that at the VERY least a Hemi in the new Dakotas would be awesome. All they need to do is fix that god awful front bumper. I do bodywork for basically every American manufacturer in my area and I specilize in repairing and replacing bumpers, so I look at them all day long. And lemme tell you... the new Dak has (BY FAAAAAAAR) the ugliest bumper of them all.

But, to stop rambling: Dakota. Hemi or 8.3. Period.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Rolex Dr. said:
yup may look like a van but rides very nice

but at least is does not have a blue oval

LOL

gota bust the chops on the fords
Either does my Grand Cherokee. :p
Or
the Alero I bought my fiancee'

·
Registered
732 Posts
I see you now see the light ;)

now if we can only get you to rid yourself of that L thingy :rolleyes:

before the panties get all knotted up i had a L for 2 year only rid myself of it because dodge finally got the srt 10 to market

(just like in the drinkin class some have to attend)

my Name is Jamie and yes one time I too owned a ford, but thanks to this website I know see the light

Im just having fun at a fords expense

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Iam 47 years old, I have owned 1 ford in my life, I have been able to put the whole thing behind me, and go on with my life.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
YES! It is not something I like to talk about, (sorta like a hooker after quitting the business) but Iam alright now. I think.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
the sig reflects my illness, every time I scrape together some money, I spend it on go-fast parts for my vehicles.

·
Registered
599 Posts
begood said:
the sig reflects my illness, every time I scrape together some money, I spend it on go-fast parts for my vehicles.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The correct quote is there is no such thing as too much traction.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts