SRT10 Forum banner

Does your driver's seat move slightly when turning?

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  500_Horses 
#1 ·
My driver's seat rocks ever so slightly when going into a turn. The bolts mounting the seat to the truck body are tight, so I assume it's something in the seat itself. It's very disconcerting when you're driving, feels like the seat is coming loose. It's a very small movement, but it makes a soft "clunk" and my body feels the movement.

I hope I've described this accurately. Anyone else's truck do this?

#2 ·
My first 04 did it and it was in the seat track assembly if I remember correctly, but that was about 6 years ago.....

#4 ·
I have looked, pushed, felt, and jiggled everything under/around the seat with no luck. I can't even get the problem to repeat without actually driving. That's one heavy seat, so I'm afraid it takes body weight to make it happen.

#5 ·
My seat has always moved slightly back and forward, if i sit up off the back then it rocks just a bit but only the back moves not the seat.

Ian.

#6 ·
Because I like you guys so much, I decided to go back through my records and found the receipt for when my seat was repaired for this. The part number for what was replaced is 5080615AB and the part description is adjuster. My original concern was seat back movement, so I can't guarantee this will fix the OP's concern.

#8 ·
Yeah, Chewbacca, my passenger seat shakes, too! What a mess my seats are. And my original issue is definitely with the seat mount, not the backrest. Hmmmm...

#9 ·
I realize your post is 100 yrs old, but I was hoping you get this message and can tell me if you fixed your seat problem. I'm a new owner of an '06 QC and when I brake somewhat hard my seat slides forward about an inch or so. It drives me absolutely nuts! Hopefully you have a little insight and can tell me this fix.......Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.