SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had there drive terrian belt snap or shred...cause mine did last night! Went to dinner cam e out started the car made a vroom sound by the trany then I couldnt move my steering wheel. Got towed and waiting for a awnser from the viper tech. Does anyone have any idea how this could have transpired?

Patrick

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Mole, I had that happen to me on a previous vehicle. I came to the conclusion that it was road debris that somehow flew up there. :(

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
theMole said:
Has anyone had there drive terrian belt snap or shred...cause mine did last night! Went to dinner cam e out started the car made a vroom sound by the trany then I couldnt move my steering wheel. Got towed and waiting for a awnser from the viper tech. Does anyone have any idea how this could have transpired?

Patrick
Damn, glad that didn't happen while you were on the fly!! :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
theMole said:

Patrick
Patrick, I'm assuming you meant Drive Train Belt or Alternator/water pump/AC/ Belt right??

Thats the only belt I know of on the truck, other than seat belts!! :D :D

I did have a terrible squeak comming from my tensioner pulley. They replaced the pulley and the belt. Now it seems fine. Your the first I have heard of with this problem. Hope all works out!!

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Roktman said:
And it usually causes the blinker fluid to be low.Gotta use a left handed screwdriver to get the caps off to refill though. :)

yeah, and after that you usually loose power to the air filter. I had to replace my filter fuse! :(

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Really bad

It can short out the hydraulic kenerfener solenoid. I that case it must be returned to the factory for a reflash and new coat of *unobtanium plating.......Jack

*Unobtanium=the rarest alloy of all.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Marc T said:
yeah, and after that you usually loose power to the air filter. I had to replace my filter fuse! :(

I hate that!!! Well, and while your at that you might as well go ahead and rotate your tires!!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
My fetzer valve went out last week...what a mess...they fixed it under warranty of course, needed a new set of ball bearings and then prepped the Fetzer in 3 in 1 oil and some gauze pads and finished the job with 10 quarts of Prestone anitfreeze...no, actually I think it was Quaker State.....Of course as you know, its all ball bearings these days.....or do you guys need a refresher course ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts