SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dynoed my truck today after removing the secondary cats and was very pleased with the results. The first and second graphs are with the cats removed (lower one is SAE corrected), and the third graph is from before i removed them (Also SAE corrected). By the way, the stock muffler sounds great with the secondary cats removed!!! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
BLKSRT-10 said:
I dynoed my truck today after removing the secondary cats and was very pleased with the results. The first and second graphs are with the cats removed (lower one is SAE corrected), and the third graph is from before i removed them (Also SAE corrected). By the way, the stock muffler sounds great with the secondary cats removed!!! :)

Any 'Check Engine' Light problems?

Looks like a nice improvment!! :cool:

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Marc T said:
No Check engine lights yet!!

The O2 sensors are on the up stream cats so the sensors wouldn't notice it.
I did not know that, but I'm likin' it! :cool:

I never looked that close. Just assumed the secondary O2's were behind the rear cats. :confused:

Damn, in that case, those rear cats are just asking to be chopped off!! :cool: :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Smog

In Calif. you have "4" years after the purchase of a new vehical before you need to have a smog inspection. Larry

·
Registered
599 Posts
Marc T said:
No Check engine lights yet!!

The O2 sensors are on the up stream cats so the sensors wouldn't notice it.
that doesn't sound right, the computer ECM, PCM whatever, monitors the Before and aft O2's and check the voltage differnce between the two. If there is a drastic change then cat is malfunctioning and a SES light comes on. also if there is a drastic difference the computer adjusts the a/f ratio to compensate, depnding on the voltage change, higher or lower will determine whether you are adjusted leaner or richer.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Wikdsvt said:
that doesn't sound right, the computer ECM, PCM whatever, monitors the Before and aft O2's and check the voltage differnce between the two. If there is a drastic change then cat is malfunctioning and a SES light comes on. also if there is a drastic difference the computer adjusts the a/f ratio to compensate, depnding on the voltage change, higher or lower will determine whether you are adjusted leaner or richer.
There are no sensors on the down stream cats!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
John Hennesay said that they have a SRT-10 ram with no cats and it does not trigger any error codes. I think he said that the SRT-10 vipers with no cats also do not trigger any warning lights.

·
Registered
180 Posts
QUICKSILVER said:
But will it still PASS SMOG test??????????? :mad:
Just a thought. If your to worried about passing test, when you remove the cats make sure you make a straight cut through the pipe, have some flanges welded on (like a collector flange from a header) do the same on the pipes that go in place of the cats so you can bolt them back in when needed.
Best of both worlds. :D

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
D Davis said:
Just a thought. If your to worried about passing test, when you remove the cats make sure you make a straight cut through the pipe, have some flanges welded on (like a collector flange from a header) do the same on the pipes that go in place of the cats so you can bolt them back in when needed.
Best of both worlds. :D
No inspections in Florida! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts